Crazy making

Old 06-26-2014, 10:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Crazy making

So much crazy making from my A (ABF? AxBF? A"F" ? who knows these days) this week that I can't even write it all out. Claims to be sober but I'm skeptical.

What's burning me up the most is that now I'm being called a hypocrite for going out for a few beers with friends last Saturday. Now I'm an alcoholic. quack quack quack

What are ways to respond to the quack?
Old 06-26-2014, 11:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by notreme View Post
So much crazy making from my A (ABF? AxBF? A"F" ? who knows these days) this week that I can't even write it all out. Claims to be sober but I'm skeptical.

What's burning me up the most is that now I'm being called a hypocrite for going out for a few beers with friends last Saturday. Now I'm an alcoholic. quack quack quack

Silence speaks the loudest. For me the most successful response to any quacking has been no response. Anything else is just an invitation to get drawn into a pointless, energy-sucking argument.
One of my Alanannies has a great saying: "I don't have to participate in every fight I get invited to."
Old 06-26-2014, 11:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

There is nothing you can say that will result in anything positive. Choose silence.
Old 06-26-2014, 11:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by notreme View Post

Ha! Another poster had her A call the cops on the family while on vacation b/c she and her other family members were enjoying a cocktail on the beach with their kids around... completely blowing it out of propportion saying the kids were "in danger" b/c he's so pissed HE was the one with the drinking problem!!!! It could get worse!

Also... Silence is Golden
Old 06-26-2014, 12:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My ABF told my own brother than I was the alcoholic...(while he was sucking down Eight 6-packs over the weekend camping trip we were on with them)...

I didn't bring it up to my A, I only drink once or twice a week and its usually 1 or 2 beers or a glass of wine. But now I avoid drinking around him because I'm a little paranoid about how he will use it against me in court if we have a custody battle.

I'm going to run a 5k tomorrow at a winery...I'm sure he will say its because I'm an alcoholic!
Old 06-26-2014, 12:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Say nothing and leave.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I really needed to read this today!! I was able to finally not engage by text last night in the same argument we've had over and over and over....it's so tempting to try to set them straight but it will never happen....
Old 06-26-2014, 01:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yup That's me - *waving* !!!! he called the cops while we were at the beach!!! LOL - I was never more mortified in my entire life but I have to say when I read this post I laughed. I'm actually smirking right now because it is so flippin ridiculous.