Notices

...night 2 looming

Old 06-26-2014, 06:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

...night 2 looming

my boyfriend is due home from work in an hour and im really tempted to tell him to nip to the shop on the way home. i found out today that our working tax credit is being cut dramatically for the next 8 weeks because they messed up on the annual review and, although i tried a relaxing day with the kids (no extra stress etc), of course it didnt work out that way-it went the opposite way actually. kids screaming and fighting over everything. plus i only got 90 minutes sleep last night.
my head is saying 'its been a horrid day, just drink tonight, you dont have to drink tomorrow. just tonight'.
this is so hard
i know the answer, but cant i just have tonight drunk? please?! x

uurrrgggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(everyone deserves a night off sometimes.............excuses, excuses.......)
Old 06-26-2014, 07:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm brand new so perhaps dont have any room to comment, but I wanted to let you know that I'm here, listening to you, you are not alone.

I know how it feels to have financial constraints and conversely it makes you want to spend money immediately! And the thought of not being able to have something, makes you want it more.

It sucks, but try to focus on the personal victory you will feel when you get through tonight without drinking.

You can do this.
Old 06-26-2014, 07:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TimidTulip View Post
I'm brand new so perhaps dont have any room to comment, but I wanted to let you know that I'm here, listening to you, you are not alone.

I know how it feels to have financial constraints and conversely it makes you want to spend money immediately! And the thought of not being able to have something, makes you want it more.

It sucks, but try to focus on the personal victory you will feel when you get through tonight without drinking.

You can do this.
that really helps, thanks. exactly as you said-just knowing someone is there is enough. thank you x
Old 06-26-2014, 07:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

pleasure! So talk to me, tell me something good about your day. Lets see if we can get a smile on your face and your mind off alcohol.

Oh, and eat something really strong flavoured like onions or garlic, it tends to stop cravings. :-)
Old 06-26-2014, 07:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi TimidTulip

smadams - you can comment or post to anything. The only qualification to post is that you're here looking for help/offering help. None of us are experts - depending who you ask.

hang in there TT, Last week I got a bank card in the mail (unemployment payment card) similar to what I think you're talking about. They sent me all of the approval letters and what I'm eligible to receive and congratulating me, I already signed for my second weeks in web site. IT IS TOTALLY USELESS - THERE IS NO MONEY. Everything is form generated. So I was teased thinking I was getting money. NOTHING, NADA, ZILCH!

Hang in there. Do your best to make it through the day and not drink or pick up anything. Life doesn't always get better outside of our addiction. We just learn how to deal with it much better. The most important thing is to not fall back on alcohol/substance abuse. It may seem like a crutch, but it is just the weakest stick in the dam. Eventually it will take you farther down.

Wishing the best.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think I got you guys mixed up. Anyway, welcome.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey smadams11,

I started to make real progress when I saw my decision to be Sober as a positive change in my lifestyle, when it was a chore and I was simply abstaining from alcohol when things in life cropped up, and they always do, I had the same thoughts, maybe I could have a drink.

We need to develop new ways of dealing with life, as the stresses won't cease now we're Sober!! You can do this!!
Old 06-26-2014, 10:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by smadams11 View Post
i know the answer, but cant i just have tonight drunk? please?! x

uurrrgggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(everyone deserves a night off sometimes.............excuses, excuses.......)
Get lost AV
Can I chat with smadams now?
You're doing great. Just keep at staying sober.
Don't let challenges in life send you back to square 1.
Old 06-27-2014, 02:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

i had 2 and a helf cans but didnt actually get drunk (which is a big deal since my whole reason to drink is getting drunk)
so i dont feel great about it but i feel good that i didnt get drunk. kindof. thanks for all the support. tonight is another night x