Notices

getting closer

Old 06-24-2014, 01:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

getting closer

I've realized that if I am to stay sober it really doesn't matter if I'm on this site, go to meetings, work the steps, etc. It takes that mindset where I have surrendered my battle to control drinking. I give up, rest in the peace that I am done, and make sobriety my number one priority in life. Of course this makes life boring, but I know that is partially due to my brain imbalance, which will re-adjust. And I know that boredom is just a thought/feeling in my mind. I am not my mind. I can observe the mind and not identify with it. And the better I get at that, the more peace, and less craving, I have.

I'm learning to be OK with what seems to be the most distilled message to alcoholics: "Do not drink, no matter what."

Hey, but being here helps!
Old 06-24-2014, 01:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Some good thoughts SevenNuts!!

Keep though plenty of support options available to you, life has a habit of throwing a few curve balls now and again, and other people are good to have around if you need them!!
Old 06-24-2014, 01:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm glad you're here, too.
I'm sober three and a half years today, and life is never boring. In fact, there aren't enough hours in a day to do what I want. Sleep is just rejuvenation for the next day.
I also had to re-adjust. I spent all my time drinking or recovering from it for 25 years. It filled my days.
Now I've discovered a new life, a sober life where I am only limited by my imagination.
It's great to make sobriety your number one priority. I do, too.
Now my life has meaning. I contribute to society ad it contributes to me.
Love. Live life as it was meant to be.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's encouraging! I know it will take a little time to start really living again. It's time to stop hurting myself.