Notices

Day 3 (not quite finished yet)

Old 06-24-2014, 05:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3 (not quite finished yet)

Day 3 without alcohol, we'll nearly, last drink 11 am Sunday. Withdrawal symptoms getting better, feel ok sometimes and then it hits. I am now starting to feel guilty. How did I let alcohol turn me into one of the walking dead. I remember when I had a life, going out at weekends wth family, friends and even the dog. Weekends had become waking up for the first drink, trying to hide what I was drinking and hoping no one would notice. Days at work would be so stressful due to hangovers, hoping no one noticed alcohol on my breath all for it to start again when I got home from work.i remember I would love going out for a meal with my husband but that had become let's stay in and have some wine. It is easier to drink and pass out in the house. My fear is when the withdrawals go and I start to feel alive and human again I will forget all this and think it okay to drink again. I am going to keep a journal now of how I felt through the withdrawals and guilt so that I can reflect back on the what alcohol made me and the horrors of withdrawal. I will connect into SR every day as so far, only day three, SR has really helped me so far. Thank you.
Old 06-24-2014, 06:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Macali, yeah it's very easy to fall in to the trap of I've now abstained from alcohol for such and such amount of time, so maybe I'm now fixed or cured, or as you mentioned, convince ourselves we didn't have such a bad problem with alcohol in the first place.

A journal is a good idea, also when you get any of those thoughts, it is possible to go back and read all the threads that you've started on SR, I do that all the time.

Day 3 is fantastic!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 06-24-2014, 06:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks purple knight. worst thing today is the little devil on my shoulder every now and thentelling me to go and pick up a drink. I am trying to get up and keep busy. Thanks for your support.