Quack and vent

Old 06-23-2014, 07:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Quack and vent

I know now why I've had that "something bad is going to happen" feeling.

You know that time in between the bad times? When they are semi-controlling themselves, it's "tolerable", maybe even good?

It never stays that way. For abf he slowly turns on me, picks arguments. Then after a few days or a week of doing so he will come home with a bottle of whiskey and tell me it's to "put up" with me.

We just had an augment that I'm not sure exactly how it happened. First he tried to tell me my drinking coffee throughout the day is just as bad as his drinking alcohol. Then about ten minutes later we were in bed and he was talk g about how his parents never taught him about money. I said mine didn't ether, I had to teach myself. Then we got into it and he said how could I say that about his father blah blah quack. I never said anything about his dad, who picks up the slack for abf.

So I'm expecting Thursday or Friday to be the bottle in hand night. I'm sleeping on the sofa tonight. Apparently I'm a "dumbass ****** who had her head stuck up her ass." Excuse the language!

Sorry for the vent! Just so ready to be done with this nonsense!
Old 06-23-2014, 08:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hugs. I remember the nights of sleeping on the couch just to be away from my husband. Active alcoholics are the absolute worst. Sending you strength and praying you can remove yourself from this toxic living situation soon.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

You about tired of this crap yet?

It is done when you say so.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know now why I've had that "something bad is going to happen" feeling.
You do get used to that cycle. It sucks.

Hammer's right. It ends when you say it does. (((hugs)))
Old 06-24-2014, 08:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am getting my ducks in a row to get out by september. But if he comes home with a bottle of hard alcohol then I will be out within 24 hours of that. I set my boundary and this time I'm keeping it. I want to remind him of it, but I'm not because I don't think I should be his disciplinarian any longer.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Blossom, thank you for bringing up "the in between times." I call it "the mind f@ck." One day I will be convinced that my mom is about ready to die from her alcoholism and the very next she will almost be normal, which makes me completely question my perspectives on everything. Errrr!!!
Old 06-24-2014, 08:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DoubleDragons View Post
Blossom, thank you for bringing up "the in between times." I call it "the mind f@ck." One day I will be convinced that my mom is about ready to die from her alcoholism and the very next she will almost be normal, which makes me completely question my perspectives on everything. Errrr!!!
Doubledragons, I like you name for it! Suits it very well. My dad is an addict as well and would do that. Its confusing and it does make you feel crazy. I felt crazy last night, I even almost apologized but I didn't even know why I would need to. So I didnt.

Isn't that kind of crazy, an alcoholic is so unreliable, we can't even rely on them to be the drunk all the time!
Old 06-24-2014, 10:08 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Doubledragons, I like you name for it! Suits it very well. My dad is an addict as well and would do that. Its confusing and it does make you feel crazy. I felt crazy last night, I even almost apologized but I didn't even know why I would need to. So I didnt.

Originally Posted by Blossom717 View Post
Isn't that kind of crazy, an alcoholic is so unreliable, we can't even rely on them to be the drunk all the time!
Hilarious, but sadly, true.