Sunday check in

Old 06-22-2014, 07:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sunday check in

Right now, in the present moment. Not yesterday, not tomorrow.

How do you feel?
What are you doing for yourself?
What are you doing for others?
What are your goals for the day?

Feelings lists:
Feelings Inventory | The Center for Nonviolent Communication
List of Feeling Words

----------------------------------
Today I feel open and thankful.
For myself: I threw out the list of mundane unrealistic goals I was starting. I am praying and taking care of my health.
For others: I am spending time with our youngest son and we'll also be spending time with AH at the rehab center.
Goals: to be happy, joyous and thankful. Prayer and patience.
Old 06-22-2014, 07:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I feel grateful for the opportunity to travel this week, as I am leaving today to go to CA to take my son to a tennis tournament.

For myself? I plan to read my daily readers, write in my journal, and make sure I eat healthy and balanced meals today.

For others? I have taken care of a few things around the house for AH so that his load is lightened while we're gone and I sent an encouraging text to a friend in Al Anon who was struggling this weekend.

My goals today? To drive safely 6 hours to the coast and to be patient in traffic and to have patience with my teenaged son who is only half packed right now, LOL!

Thanks for letting me share!
Old 06-22-2014, 06:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I don't know why, but I've come to a realization over the weekend (and it's going to be absolutely nothing new to most of you guys):

I can't control most things. I can control my attitude, and how I approach each new day, task, challenge, person I encounter.

I choose to approach it all with a positive attitude. I'm aware that s**t will continue happening now and again, but there's no reason for me to poison my today with worries about what may or may not happen tomorrow, next week, or ten years from today.
Old 06-22-2014, 06:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I feel sad.
I am on SR for myself.
For my children, I am putting up a brave face even though I am in pain inside.
My goal is to detach from separated AH once and for all so the healing can progress.
Old 06-22-2014, 09:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

How do you feel? Tired but optimistic and goal oriented. I feel put together.

What are you doing for yourself? Reading SR, planning out my week, making realistic goals to hit for the coming week.

What are you doing for others? …good question!

What are your goals for the day? Today? My goal was to do swim lessons with my kids, play outside with them and RAH, make some yummy healthy meals and now I'm planning out my work week, my exercise schedule, homeschooling stuff, meal planning and appointments for the week. SR reading is the last productive activity on my list today and then I'm finishing up the True Detective series.
Old 06-23-2014, 01:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

How do you feel?
Grateful and impatient. Then thinking maybe not grateful enough.

What are you doing for yourself?
Running and journaling/reaching out.

What are you doing for others?
Sharing kindness and support. Being available. Remembering that by giving I feel better myself.

What are your goals for the day?
Fixed my gutter! I've been "about to" for six weeks and it was creating a water problem in the house every time it rained. Borrowed a two story ladder, spent $10 at the hardware store, climbed up on that stinking roof and reattached my sagging gutter. Told the kids to listen for a WHUMP in case I fell ha ha. Here's to independence and the $300 I saved today.
Old 06-23-2014, 05:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

How do you feel? tired. spent.

What are you doing for yourself? breathing. Thinking. prepping.

What are you doing for others? being quiet.

What are your goals for the day? getting through it.

Not a good day. Every wake up on a Monday and think "I really have to do this again??"
Old 06-23-2014, 07:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Bump for a Monday night check in.

How do you feel? - capable, overwhelmed, grateful. Seems at odds with each other - eye of the storm? Feeling capable and grateful is helping immensely with the overwhelmed feeling -- and that is part of what I'm grateful for.
What are you doing for yourself? Real good question. I've lost track of that one today, but started out with sleeping in and waking up in a tent at a campground near a lake with DS. Tonight it seems like everyone/everything is more important - work 1, work 2, this call, that call, etc. I need to take time to breath.
What are you doing for others? Ahh..... some things, but this really needs attention. As was pointed out to me recently, self-care does not mean being self-centered.
What are your goals for the day? To relax tonight and go to bed on time. There is no way everything I'd like to get done tonight could be done, so I need to LET IT GO.