Notices

DG's got 90 days!

Old 06-22-2014, 03:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

DG's got 90 days!

What up yo! 90 days here! Welcome to my party. Help yourselves to the punch and pie!

Well, the MIL is still visiting. I enjoy her company but it puts a strain on my relationship with my husband. He gets cross very easily when she visits (he gets frustrated if he thinks we're inconveniencing her) and can act like a moody toddler. I get offended more easily (what? There's more?!) and feel like he's embarrassing me in front of her. Poor, MIL! She's a laid back cat and just wants to visit. I swear, i think our relationship is subject to the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle. By her being here to observe it, our relationship dynamics change. Small, easily forgotten tiffs become perceived slights on my character and things he would not normally mind become big deals because he's afraid his mother isn't enjoying her stay. I've had to call my sponsor in tears once already and almost lost my cool in public with him today. I had a moment where i said i wanted to drink to spite him but that's just silly and i realized it immediately. Breathe deep and this too shall pass. God, just grant me acceptance right now! Serenity will come later but i need fresh doses of acceptance as this goes on! AMEN!

Dear MIL is here through Tuesday night. I get sweet relief in the form of a short day of work Tuesday morning. We have plans for some more tourist stuff tomorrow and maybe a sweet hike with a waterfall on Monday. I'm going to see how the day goes today and see if i can get to a meeting. Have to see how my serenity and acceptance are doing.

Well, today is 90 days and i haven't lost all of my marbles yet. My cool is mostly intact as well and that's rare. Sanity is maintaining which is a lot right now. Serenity has plunged but i'm not in despair. I know what to do to get it back and i swear, he can take off with her for dinner or something and i'll hit a meeting. I'm frustrated but it's not going to rock me. I've got too many people who won't let me fail. They're my crew. I hold them close that way, when i stumble, they're within grasping distance. Acceptance is a constance concern right now. I'm accepting a lot and sure not liking all of it. I'll change what i can but sometimes you can fart rainbows and ride unicorns and still have crap happen in your life that you find difficult to deal with. Frustration goes away as long as i don't hold onto it. I'm willing to let it go now.

Now, if you hear that a woman in Seattle went ******* insane at the Chihuly Garden and Glass Museum and impaled her husband on the broken stem of a glass tulip...well, you'll know that i had a "bad day." Lol. No worries. I'm going to keep practicing serenity and acceptance, especially since i want to be angry and dramatic.

Speaking of drama, i got an appropriate shirt for that today...

ForumRunner_20140622_031720.jpg

Old 06-22-2014, 03:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow! That's awesome. And you're in Seattle? Graduated from UPS in Tacoma. Pretty much a footballs throw away from the glass museum!! Congrats on 90 days and not just going 90 days but spending your time and energy giving people hope and encouragement here. You're an awesome person! Hope I can get there one day!
Old 06-22-2014, 03:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

We'll done on your 90 days. Eliminating drama from your sous soundings is brilliant.

For many, drama becomes an addiction of it's own. They either seem to attract it like a magnet or they find ways to create it.

Have a great sunday
Old 06-22-2014, 03:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Surroundings I meant! Auto correct... Yikes! It's inventing words! LOL!
Old 06-22-2014, 03:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I was a bit dramatic here about my auto correct. LOL!
Old 06-22-2014, 03:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 90 days, it is so wonderful.
Old 06-22-2014, 03:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
KAD
Left the bottle behind 4/16/2015

Great job on 90 days! Hang in there!
Old 06-22-2014, 03:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Lol, thepatman! I'm cracking up! Yeah, there's a lot less drama in my life so the little bit I have is more entertaining than upsetting. It's just more opportunities for me to practice acceptance and patience. Strife in my life is an opportunity to learn. I'm grateful that I'm willing to learn instead of sitting in a field of drama while demanding that things go my way. I like a good train wreck but I'd rather be an observer than a victim, lol.
Old 06-22-2014, 04:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 90 days dG

D
Old 06-22-2014, 04:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Brilliant job on 90 days, DG! And great to see your sense of humour fully intact!
Old 06-22-2014, 05:08 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congratulations! 90 days is great!
Old 06-22-2014, 05:20 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congratulations, DG! That is terrific. Your writing has been extremely helpful to me during my first days sober. You really have a gift.
Family dynamics have always been a huge trigger for me, so I can relate! Hang in there and thanks again for all the ideas.
Old 06-22-2014, 05:31 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Yay DG! That's great. I love the tee shirt.
Old 06-22-2014, 05:43 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Hey Grits. 90 Days!! So great to read about the great work. Love being awake in the wee hours of the morning reading your posts with one eye open.

Enjoy your drama less Sunday!

Old 06-22-2014, 05:55 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Congrats on 90 days! That is an amazing accomplishment!
Old 06-22-2014, 09:12 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

90 Days is fantastic!!
Old 06-22-2014, 09:14 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Proud of you, but not surprised DG. Knew you could.
Old 06-22-2014, 09:46 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Congratulations DG!! Love the t-shirt, as my life is often surrounded by drama, but it's been a while since it was MY drama - it just goes with my job and friends/family.

Don't kill the hubby - pretty sure you can't get on SR from prison

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-22-2014, 09:58 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Congrats!
Old 06-22-2014, 10:07 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Congrats on 90!