Notices

Listen please!

Old 06-21-2014, 05:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Listen please!

I did not, I just revelled in the attention and thought this is great, people on here know how I feel. I failed to actually take the advice offered and merrily just kept boozing. Poor me! pity party.I now cannot stay sober for more than 48 hours. I'M DYING. My youngest is getting married two weeks, oh the lies the effort to keep it together the past few months to get organized, exhausted. its all falling apart around me, spent the day vomiting but sent OH for more drink before shop shut, he is in same state as me and was panicking I think he actually thought I was going to not drink tonight. How the hell I'm still alive I dont know. Please guys, listen. If you on here you need help, it WILL get worse. x
Old 06-21-2014, 05:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I hope that you will be able to break away from the liquid devil.

Mountainman
Old 06-21-2014, 05:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The principle is the same whether someone is 100 days Sober or at Day 1, don't drink in the next hour and go from there, you just need to make it to bedtime and you are into Day 2!!

Do you want to be Sober? if so clear all the booze out of the house and for the next 60mins don't drink . . .you are then on your way!!

You can do this!!
Old 06-21-2014, 05:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yell for your husband and hurry and tell him to flush the rest and DON'T BUY YOU ANY MORE! Get it said and done before you have time to think about it. Then tell him to guard you for two weeks. Have somebody around you 24/7.

Pray for help from a higher power. Mine happens to be Jesus Christ.
Old 06-21-2014, 05:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Mountainmanbob thank you so much for reply, you reached out to me when I first posted on here, I so appreciate response and hope you are well.xx
Old 06-21-2014, 05:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you make the decision to stop drinking. We do understand how hard it is, but I do remember how exhausting it is.
Old 06-21-2014, 05:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

CarolD used to say "You've got to want to be sober more than you want to drink." I believe she was right.
Old 06-21-2014, 05:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you so much Gilmer for response, I dont feel so alone now. I know you are right. x
Old 06-21-2014, 05:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's never to late to try again Mrs L.
Glad you're back

D
Old 06-21-2014, 05:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Gilmer and purpleknight gave good advice. Ask yourself if you can make it 1 hour without drinking. Get all the alcohol away from you. Get on your knees and pray to whoever or whatever you believe in.
Old 06-21-2014, 05:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi MrsLamp, and welcome to SR. You can do this, and we are all here for you. I hope you join us on this sober journey. It can be tough at first, but it is so worth it. Hang out with us and post as often as you feel. Someone is always here to talk to. I have faith you can do this.
Old 06-21-2014, 06:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I remember you Mrs. Lamp, you were trying to get sober for last Xmas (actually I looked up the postings, it was Xmas 2012). now your child is getting married, you spent the day being sick to your stomach and still want to drink...NOT GOOD. if you stop now, you can feel a bit better by the time you have the wedding. If you continue drinking you will never forgive yourself if sanity sets in.
I hope you decide what you can and must do, what is more important.
You need a doctor for both you and your husband and some sober rest, first of all. remove the booze from the house.
Old 06-21-2014, 06:09 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Drinking, justifying the drinking....it is exhausting. You don't have to live this way.
Old 06-21-2014, 06:14 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thank you Fandy and all you lovely people who have responded to me, thought I had burnt my bridges here after ignoring all the advice last time. please stay with me.
Old 06-21-2014, 06:15 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
p***enger

MrsLamp, I remember you from before. You do NOT have to live this way. You don't have to drink. It is possible to stop and you can do it!
Old 06-21-2014, 06:27 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Dear MrsLamp, thank you for the warning.

Sending my best wishes for your recovery.

Please do get a doctor involved.
Old 06-21-2014, 06:48 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Please get the help you need before it's too late. I just returned from an AA meeting and the speaker shared a few stories of friends he had lost to this disease...it doesn't have to end this way. Praying for you both!
Old 06-21-2014, 06:54 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
instant

You only have to get it right once. Doesn't matter how many times you have failed previously.

As for 'not listening'........well......................I think we have all done that and everyone knows it 's not good for your health
Old 06-21-2014, 08:14 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hey...I had 3 weeks of sobriety and I crashed and burned yesterday.
But today is a new day...a sober day. I want sobriety more today than I did the day before yesterday.
Tomorrow could be your day...couldn't it?
Old 06-21-2014, 10:18 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MrsLamp View Post
Thank you Fandy and all you lovely people who have responded to me, thought I had burnt my bridges here after ignoring all the advice last time. please stay with me.
You don't have to worry about burning bridges, not here, not with us. We all have been where you are now. We know how hard it is. For the life of me I don't know how some people manage to stop and stay stopped without a lot of effort while others struggle. I drank like a fiend, yet once I truly decided to quit I was able to much more 'easily' than I expected. I've been sober since Oct 4th 2012. Mind you I was drinking three bottles of wine every say, 365 day a year up til that point.

You don't have to live this way, there is hope. I'm glad you have decided to come back and give it another try!