Feeling good - thank you SR!!!

Old 06-21-2014, 12:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling good - thank you SR!!!

I went out with my mom and sister for drinks last night while my dad watched the boys. I had so much fun! We went a few different places and ended up going dancing. A few days ago, I posted because I have been having a hard time letting go of my husband since I moved out. I've still been so tied to him emotionally. I've been worrying about him all the time. Anyway, I think it was Mike here who said something to the effect of "it was only special to you" referring to our relationship. And since then I have been focusing on the bad parts of our relationship, which is most of it. Lol He had not been nice, patient, loving, or kind to me in a long time. And he acts nothing like what I would want my partner to.

So last night was the first night I've gone out in years without worrying about checking my phone. It was so liberating! I talked to all kinds of people. I'm 32 now, and when I was in my 20s I was so self-conscious. Now I feel like the person I wanted to be then! I didn't care. Several guys approached me and I just joked around and acted like myself. Not interested in dating anyone right now, but it was nice to be called beautiful. It just hit me that the world is wide open for me now.

Anyway just wanted to say I've been hoping to get to this place for so long. A year ago I was in a desperate situation. SO unhappy and so stuck. I didn't see myself ever getting out. I am still having bad days but I am hopeful now at least. Thank you for talking sense into me!!!! This is the only place I can go and tell the complete truth about my situation, which means I get really honest answers. I have never told my family everything. I am so thankful for this place.
Old 06-21-2014, 01:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Emmy, what a wonderful post! Your joy shows in every word, and I am soooo happy for you!

Thanks for sharing, and I wish you mountains of delight every day as you go forward.
Old 06-21-2014, 01:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

That's great Emmy! You are young and the world is all yours. No need to ever settle again!!
Old 06-21-2014, 01:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Go, Emmy, go!! What a wonderful update from you!!
Old 06-21-2014, 02:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

"Not interested in dating anyone right now, but it was nice to be called beautiful. It just hit me that the world is wide open for me now".

HALLILUJAH!!!! she has seen the truth!!!

congrats Emmy, I hope you have many many more positive nights out where you are NOT worried and just have a little fun! (you are one year younger than my daughter)...You are smart and beautiful, please believe that you have so many opportunities when you are not connected to a fool at the other end.
Old 06-21-2014, 03:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

So sweet! I am so pleased!
Old 06-21-2014, 04:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Emmy---one one has tasted the freedom....it is like a switch in the brain is thrown....and you can't go back and "unknow' it.

dandylion
Old 06-21-2014, 04:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Baby Steps

Well done Emmy I am so glad you got out and had some you time
Old 06-21-2014, 05:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

You are coming right along, Emmy!

Good Job.

There may/will be some bumps ahead, but build on the Good.
Old 06-21-2014, 09:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Your post truly made me smile! What a wonderful place to be in your life.
Old 06-21-2014, 09:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Emmy....your progress is shining through! Wonderful update!!!