Notices

Day 5, sweating worse

Old 06-21-2014, 07:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5, sweating worse

Holy you know what. I have very mild withdrawal symptoms with sweating being one of them. And now it's the only one left. But was I glad to have a bottle of water next to my bed last night!

I woke up in a completely soaked bed. For real, it was like someone had thrown a bucket of water on me while I was sleeping.

I made sure to drink enough water all day. It's a minor inconvenience but I hope it goes away soon. I think it's a reaction of my body to get the toxins out, but according to "regular" withdrawal timelines that would have been done by now. So I'm a little surprised that it happened this heavily.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Both the sweating and the physical withdrawal taking longer than usual?

I just drank a whole lot of water and my mouth is dry again already. Time to re-hydrate.
Old 06-21-2014, 07:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

yep.... in fact I was plagued with wierd sweating issues (mostly anxiety-related) for months.

nearly 6 months in, I'm still facing 'withdrawal' symptoms like strange anxieties and irregular, come-and-go sweating issues and weird body rythms....

hang in there!

congrats on day 5
Old 06-21-2014, 07:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey hj003,

My initial physical withdrawals lasted the first few weeks, I remember it feeling like constant jet lag that wouldn't shift, but then it did, I personally didn't have night sweats but others have also posted a few weeks for them to shift.

The body is adjusting, healing and fixing itself, let it do it's thing and it'll all level out in time.

Keep pushing through, Day 5 is fantastic!!
Old 06-21-2014, 08:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi hj003, well done on 5 days.

I felt like I had flu like symptoms for a while, it did pass but then again I'd abused my body and mind with alcohol for a few years. I had to have some payback.
Old 06-21-2014, 08:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Totally, hj. On the bright side, for me the night sweats were also the clearest yardstick for the symptoms getting better. You'll wake up dry one morning soon Congrats on 5 days! Keep it going.