You guys are never gonna believe this one...

Old 07-10-2004, 07:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
It's a Puggle!

You guys are never gonna believe this one...

I have relatives in from Vegas this weekend. Out of a whole herd of them there is only one cousin that I give a rats' a** if I see. Anyway today my husband suddenly decides he likes my family and will join us at my dads' to fish and visit. (He NEVER comes to my family events.) So out to my dads' we go, with my daughter and actually have a pretty good day. Of course him and dad were pounding the beer--well, ya know it was HOT out--but that was okay. I chose to ignore it and so did my daughter. All the sudden he stands up and says "time to go"--haven't seen my cousin yet, she got tangled up in other family things--I said "well, okay then", we left and grabbed a pizza and came home. We walk into the house, wolf down pizza while standing at the kitchen counter because he's just not sure if he's ready to be home yet, when he finally decides that maybe he could just hang out with us for the rest of the night. It suddenly dawned on me that he was way, way more wasted than I thought.
Now for the unbelievable...he plops his feet up on the chair and says, "Honey, come take off my boots." I, thinking he's kidding laugh and say "uh, you can take of your own boots sweetie." Guess what? He wasn't kidding. I could see him getting mad, turning red, jaw clenching, so I promptly walked over, untied his boots and proceeded to tie them together. There was no F******* way I was taking those boots off!! In the middle of this the phone rings--it's HIS mother--he jumps up kicks the boots to the wall and starts muttering loud enough for me to hear that he's slinging little digs at me. I won't bore you with those as I am sure you've all heard them before, but in general he was ticked that I was spending his precious time on the phone. You would all be SOOOO proud, I smiled and made coffee, asked him if he'd like to come watch a little t.v. with me and completely ignored his drunken B.S., just let it go completely over my head like it didn't even exist.
DO YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENED NEXT????

HE APOLOGIZED! And then he quietly went to bed.

I am in still in some kind of shock.
Just had to share my amusement for today!
Hugs,
Paula
Old 07-10-2004, 10:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

LOLOL You had me, the whole way through, wondering "what's not to believe"??? He apologized. Golden!

HUGS!
Old 07-10-2004, 10:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Chy

Oh man to be a fly on the wall with those boots tied!
Old 07-11-2004, 03:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wow!
Old 07-11-2004, 10:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Way to go!!!!
Old 07-11-2004, 10:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

There really is something to that detachment thingy after all, isn't there Paula? Good on you.
Old 07-11-2004, 10:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

GREAT JOB PAULA! ((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))) FOR YOU!! I am learning to detatch but not as loving I just let him do his thing and I plan on doing mine. But that was a winner in my book!
Old 07-11-2004, 09:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

Paula,
You win the detachment award for the day. What a great recovery moment.

Barb
Old 07-12-2004, 10:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good going Paula!

Ngaire