Notices

Day 2 newbee report - Newly Sober, Terrified

Old 06-20-2014, 11:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2 newbee report - Newly Sober, Terrified

Hi all, wanted to share/purge my story.

Began drinking steadily in my early 20's after work to 'unwind'. Then I was in a car accident, diagnosed with PTSD, and for a while drank through the day and night to calm my nerves. I eventually got a hold of it and tapered back, started to live a healthier lifestyle; walking, hiking, biking, yoga, pilates, etc., got into super shape, but still allowed myself to drink at night as a reward. I had periods of sobriety, though never for long.

Last year I discovered my husband has been lying and cheating throughout our whole relationship. Super depressed, I kicked it up a notch and went down the rabbit hole. No interest in being healthy, no interest in life. The last six weeks have been ridiculous, day and night drinking.

A couple days ago the top and outside of my foot went semi-numb, and it woke me up. I'm terrified it's permanent nerve damage or something else serious. I made a doc appointment for next week. I pray to god it goes away.

Day 2 and feeling strong about that. Wanting to be healthy must mean I have an interest in life again.

Can't seem to let go of the scumbag though, I know he's still lying to me. Codependent perhaps.

Anyway, thanks for reading.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Suunygal welcome It was a swollen ankle that got me googling and ending up here at SR -- foot trouble can be a life-line! I've been sober for 15 months thanks to the support here, the same can happen to you.
Old 06-21-2014, 12:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Welcome to the forum Sunnygal!

Nice job on Day2 Keep it going. People here are incredibly supportive...you are not alone in this.

Old 06-21-2014, 12:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Sunnygal, welcome to the forum, lots of wonderful people here with similar experiences.

Pleased you made a doctors appt.

You seem strong in your resolve, good for you, you are the most important person to look after at this time.
Old 06-21-2014, 12:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to Newcomers forum Sunnygal

D
Old 06-21-2014, 06:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!! Great job on Day 2!!