Notices

Day 4 and BF wanted to party tonight

Old 06-20-2014, 04:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4 and BF wanted to party tonight

I finally made up my mind to be sober, on Day 4, but it is Friday night, so my boyfriend asked if we were going to drink tonight. NO, I am not, you can do whatever you like. I don't think he understands that I NEVER want to drink again, even though I know there will be times when I crave it. Ugh!!

Of course, I probably won't have a talk with him about it, because if I screw up, I would be embarrassed, lol
Old 06-20-2014, 04:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well maybe you should. A bit of accountability goes a long way. Do you think he drinks too much?
Old 06-20-2014, 05:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You know you need to stay quit, your AV is trying to convince you relapse is unavoidable and tour boyfriend if you don't share your intentions and get his support will be a constant trigger, feeding your AV without even knowing.

That's my little take in it. Share your journey with him and be honest. If you do end up relapsing, supporting you should come natural to him. That's what loving someone with an addiction should be about.

Be kind with yourself, and kudos for your 4 days! Well done!
Old 06-21-2014, 06:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great job on Day 4!!

It's probably a good idea to sit him down and talk through it, because this conversation may happen every weekend, just so that he understands and you don't have to worry about him suggesting it, it can't do any harm!!
Old 06-21-2014, 08:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

did you make it through the day mfh?
Old 06-21-2014, 08:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ya know...today I had to speak to someone about my drinking and desire for sobriety. And ya know what I noticed in myself today? The absence of shame...it was really very lovely. I just felt so damn matter of fact about it. I got a problem with the drink and I just don't want to live that way any longer.

So what's wrong with telling someone you don't want to do something anymore? I think you should be honest with your desire at least. It's an honourable intention with no shame. It's positive to try...no?
Old 06-22-2014, 04:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

As someone new to sobriety and who has lied and manipulated for years to feed my addictions, honesty and direct communication has really helped me to stay sober these last days. I tried it before without direct honesty and FAILED miserably.
Good luck.