Notices

Day 3, surprised by the mildness of the withdrawal symptoms

Old 06-19-2014, 04:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3, surprised by the mildness of the withdrawal symptoms

Today is day 3 and I'm surprised by how mild my withdrawal symptoms are. Especially since I drank so heavily for so many years.

The two symptoms I have are fatigue and sweating. The sweating is the heaviest, it's coming out of all the pores on my body and goes on all the time. I guess that's my body getting rid of the mess.

Other than that I'm pretty tired. Not extremely tired. Not so bad that I can't do anything anymore. Functioning is perfectly possible and the healthy diet I've switched to, well, I love it! And it makes me feel good.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good deal. Mine were mild as well and I was also surprised.

Thirsty, I was SO thirsty and then the itching started

Drink water and get some sweets. I liked chocolate the best. It helped to ease my, my something, it just helped..lol
Old 06-19-2014, 04:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome. Enjoy the easy ride while it lasts. I found for myself being honest with myself about MY drinking and accepting that I could not drink in safety was a huge help after the pains of drinking. I quickly learned that if I didn’t pick up the first drink I didn’t have to get sober AGAIN.

BE WELL
Old 06-19-2014, 04:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GracieLou View Post
Good deal. Mine were mild as well and I was also surprised.

Thirsty, I was SO thirsty and then the itching started

Drink water and get some sweets. I liked chocolate the best. It helped to ease my, my something, it just helped..lol
Yuck, sweets. That's the last thing I feel like eating. I have a craving for whole grain bread, potatoes, those types of food. But not too strong.

The thirst I notice as well. Probably because I sweat so much. But I always had the habit of drinking enough water. And now that alcohol is out of the picture, my favorite thing to drink is water. Which is damn convenient.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Mine were mild as well, and I drank tons of water. I really did not go through the sweating or the itching. I felt on edge, but nothing I could not deal with. Eating healthy is great. I wanted ice cream, and I am just weaning myself off of that now. LOL. You are doing great. Keep up the good work.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IOAA2 View Post
Hi and welcome. Enjoy the easy ride while it lasts. I found for myself being honest with myself about MY drinking and accepting that I could not drink in safety was a huge help after the pains of drinking. I quickly learned that if I didn’t pick up the first drink I didn’t have to get sober AGAIN.

BE WELL
Thank you. You know, I had gotten to the point where:

1) I couldn't take it anymore. It had gotten so heavy on my body. I physically became unable to drink very large amounts.

2) I got over the excuse of "one last time to know what it was like" real fast by realizing that after all these years, I fully know what it's like.

3) I just need to, as you said, not pick up the first drink. And I'm fine with that. That I can do. I don't know what would happen if I did. Maybe it would turn into a binge. So I just don't take the first one, which I find pretty easy so far.

Also, I have a different motivation that occurred to me a while back. What if a loved one needs a part of my liver? Or one of my kidneys. I want to have a healthy body because my organs might safe someone else's life if they're healthy. Which I find tremendously important.

Plus, being healthy is so much better. I vaguely remember that from before I started drinking. And I've already made 3 new friends because I'm not isolating myself anymore. And it's only day 3...
Old 06-19-2014, 10:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great job on Day 3!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 06-19-2014, 11:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

This is great news. Thanks for posting and please follow up in the days to come.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

hj003, if you don't mind me asking, how often, how much and how long did you drink for?
Old 07-08-2014, 11:51 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Wow! Me too! I am on Day 4 and my only problem is trouble sleeping. I am awake 4-5 times every night. But once I am up in the morning, I really feel great. I think i will eventually sleep through the night. I would much rather be tired than hungover. Also, I have lost 2 1/2 lbs! Good luck and keep in touch! ��