What a mess

Old 06-18-2014, 06:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What a mess

I found soberrecovery.com a while ago when I was looking for my daughter. I didn't know where she was or if she was alive or dead, so did an internet search for her usual screen name, cafebrulot, and found that she had posted here in 2010.

Other than the fact that she's been in jail, jail again, court ordered treatment program, private rehab, sober living, jail yet again (and currently), she could have posted the same thing here today 4 years later.

You can only imagine the things I've just found out she's been doing. I don't even want to talk about it anymore.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
I'm really sorry to hear this.

You joined SR a short time before I did. Hopefully, you can stick around for a bit and let us know how you're doing. We're here to support you.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry. The cycle can wear you down so much. Try to hang in there. Here to listen to you vent if you need. Hugs.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

My son has been missing for over 10 years, lost in his addiction somewhere.

I no longer search for him because I know I won't like what I find. He knows how to find us if he ever gets clean. I tried for years and years to save him, it didn't work then and it wouldn't work now. He will be ready when he is ready and I just don't want a front row seat in the meantime.

I keep my sanity by saying a prayer every morning and ask God to do for him what I cannot and then live in faith that He will.

Welcome to SR. I'm sorry you are going through this pain too.

Hugs
Old 06-19-2014, 07:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear what you have gone through and continue to with your daughter. Lots of mom's here who completely understand and sympathize. Probably one of the worst things I've ever had to deal with. I hope you stick around and continue to post. This is the best group of warm hearted, caring people you will ever meet.
Old 06-19-2014, 12:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hello Dear, I understand the weariness that our children's addiction can bring to us. I know where my son is (inpatient rehab) and limit our interactions to some brief visits and a few phone calls. I prefer to work on me right now! Learning that I am the last person who has the answers was a difficult step, but there is a lot of freedom in realizing this! I know you love your daughter and I am sure she knows you do. For me, I realized the huge barrier I have placed in my sons recovery by fixing all of his problems for him. Removing that barrier (me!) is the best thing for everyone involved.
Hugs to you!
TT