Notices

i will give na an honest effort

Old 07-10-2004, 03:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

i will give na an honest effort

Tonight i spent the better part of 3 hours with my best friend another girl who has grown up with me we have experienced most of our friendship high, let me be honest untill 4 weeks ago all we did was get high we called ourselves potheads and well we just flipped off anyone who didnt smoke with us. so we were pretty isolated when i quit weed i had shaken a serious habit involving speed about 6 months ago but continued to smoke weed until my 12 year old daughter discover my forgotten sack next to her dinner plate :smileeek: I quit smoking weed for the first time in over 8 years it has only been a month and a month ago i would have rolled my own eyes at the thought of not smoking a bowl before every thing in my day from getting up to eating and going to work and on my smoke break and then to go home and continue to smoke pretty steadily until i passed out this was my life and it is my friends she says everytime she hits a pipe this is it i am quitting after we smoke. she is known around our small town for making fellow pot smokers promise they will not give her a bowl even if she ask. I havent been around her much since i quit but tonight i called her just because i felt i neede to and she was at a bar in town alone and completly obliviated on tequelia when we left the bar she broke down she has been going to na for months and she has had a couple sponsers who blew her off, what is the proper way to gain a sponser how it is done is key for my friend and in finding a sponser we will continue our dear friendship into a new life of sobriety. this is all new to me any advise or suggestions would be lovely thankx
Old 07-10-2004, 04:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Hi Cinderella ! Welcome to SR ! Congradulations on your month clean, that is great . On your question about sponsership I found mine in a meeting . She has been clean and works the steps , which you will hear about in the NA meetings . There is a number for NA that you can call in the phone book. Someone will probably be along to provide you with a link ! Prayers ^ Trish
Old 07-11-2004, 07:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

im not really sure, because i don't go to NA or have a sponsor, but this will kick your thread back up so maybe someone will see it on the front page and be able to offer advice. i am a fellow pothead with 12 days of recovery under my belt. hard spot to be in with your buddy. i know. talk with your friend about her expectations, her time in NA, and more about her sponsors. has she quit smoking, or is she still smoking pretty consistently? just need to find out what she really wants and is she willing to do what she needs to quit. welcome to SR. some great support here. keep posting and stroll over to the NA forum. i bet they can help you a lot.
Old 07-12-2004, 06:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm Moontime and I'm an addict. I found my sponsor by listening to him at meetings. When he shared, it got very quiet and everyone stopped what they were doing. All eyes were on him anytime he spoke. NA has saved this addicts life, keep an open-mind, when you go. Never did I think I would get clean let alone stay clean. I see so many people who are clean but don't work a program, who are suffering so greatly that they might as well use. I see people who white-knuckle it through life to survive. In NA we teach people how to live. One addict helping another. There is no treatment facility, no counselor, no psychatrist, nothing that can do what NA does. We bring people back to life, Welcome to Narcotics Anonmyous!
Old 07-12-2004, 07:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Vision of Hope

Addict named Todd, Welcome, Sponsorship is very important to recovery, Keeping an openmind and give yourelf a break. We didn't become addicted in one days, so recovery does happen over night. Drugs are only a symptom of this disease of addiction. I found my sponsor in an NA meeting, He works the 12 step and 12 traditions, and he has a sponsor who work the step and tradition who has a sponsor and so on. Narcotics Anonymous has saved this addicts ass. It doesn't matter who I am, what I've done in the past or who I did it with or how much or how little I have. The only thing that does matter is what you want to do about your problem and how we can help. The 2 thing that every addict has in commen is Addiction and Recovery. I wish you luck and hope to see you post more and see the growth. If you haven't been tol today, I love you!!!!!1