Notices

Day 2. Stopped the "placebo withdrawals" yesterday.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2. Stopped the "placebo withdrawals" yesterday.

Yesterday night I was lying in bed. It was the end of day 1 for me. I wasn't feeling too good. Chills, tension, difficulty sleeping. At that point I realized that I was talking myself into feeling bad because I kept thinking about all the withdrawal symptoms I'd likely have. At that point it occurred to me that it was quite possible that I was doing some of them to myself because of the placebo-effect.

So I said to myself to stop thinking about it and to see what would actually happen. And a lot of things went away. The chills, tension and difficulty sleeping disappeared right away. What was left were my actual withdrawal symptoms, which are very mild fortunately.

Right now I feel pretty tired even though I slept well. I look pale as well. But other than that I'm fine. I've had a healthy breakfast and look forward to the day.

Maybe it will get a bit worse, but maybe not. I'm not going to expect anything or talk myself into it, I'm just going to go about my day and see what actually happens.
Old 06-18-2014, 02:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

It is absolutely amazing the power we have in our minds. Our minds can destroy us or heal us. I was amazed at how many of my anxieties and insecurities were eased when i stopped negatively reinforcing them. Instead of meeting new people and fearing them not liking me, i made sure to stay true to myself, be genuinely interested in them (which is not easy for me) and be kind and positive. It freaking worked! I wasn't anxious (much). I am working on bringing optimism into my life and being an agent of peace.

I'm so glad that you're using the power of your mind for healing! It's an absolutely amazing experience. Keep it up!
Old 06-18-2014, 02:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good to hear guys. My hearts going so fast I don't know if this is withdrawal or a terrible Hangover. Natural sleep is going to feel great. Though I'm in a bad spot at the moment right now.
Old 06-18-2014, 05:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

When it comes to heart rate, worry and anxiety can influence it, but a Dr is always a good place for concerns!!

Great job on Day 2!! Keep pushing through!!