I Hate Him

Old 07-09-2004, 11:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
giz

Angry I Hate Him

for how he makes me feel (I know, I cause my own feelings)

Right now, I am so angry at the bf. He knows I've been sick with a cold and I just quit smoking. He picked a fight today while he was driving me over to his place.

I have a feeling he did it so he could go out and drink.

On another thread, I posted how he told me he'd had a couple beers today AND it was at the strip club (a very sleezy one I might add). He already knows how much I dislike him going. What does he get there I can't or don't already provide?

I am breaking up with him tomorrow. I can't handle this crap. He only quit drinking for a week. I am NOT going to do the roller-coaster thing. I am picking up all my things from his house. end of story. no ultimatiums or "if you do this.."

I bought that book, "Outwitting your Alcoholic", very good but the future looks bleak.

Tonight, I realized he is like peter pan, he thinks he is 21 everyday so he drinks and acts like he is. That is probably why I found him to be so much fun. I want a man, not peter pan.

He quit to get me back, not because he was ready to quit. He refuses to go to AA (He's been before and knows what they talk about) and says he doesn't need any other support besides mine. WHATEVER! I am not being his enabler.

You guys have been so very, very, very helpful.

giz
Old 07-10-2004, 04:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
It's a Puggle!

(((((giz)))))
I hope everything goes okay today.
Paula
Old 07-10-2004, 05:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Giz!

Sounds like you heard the clarion call. Good for you. I know it will still smart. We're always here for you.

Hugs,
Smoke
Old 07-10-2004, 06:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Giz

I am sorry for the pain you must be feeling, but sometimes we need to walk through the pain to get to the other side. We're all walking with you, so lean on us if the road gets bumpy.

Hugs
Ann
Old 07-10-2004, 07:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good for you Giz run fast and run faaarrrrrrr away

Not worth it.

Ngaire
Old 07-10-2004, 08:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

giz,

I stand with you.
I don't think the strip club has anything to do with your appeal. But it does have to do with providing a place of acceptance for "users", (as you called them in my thread). One, there is Alcohol ( the main obsession of an A); 2. Low lifer's who (as you have said) will not care or expect him to be a better person. It is a "party" type enviroment more than the stripper scene, I believe he's attracted to.
I do know one thing, you really do care for him, or you wouldn't set this healthy boundary. More importantly, your taking a first step to care for yourself. Your focus now must shift to yourself. It is painful, but you have us here with you and alanon if you chose. Our path has been taken by countless before us, who can show us the way.

((((giz))))
Old 07-10-2004, 10:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
giz

Everyone,

Thank you so very much! This board has been a godsend for me since I put my foot down about the drinking. I am so angry. I left some angry vm's on his home vm last night.

He is almost 40. Why did I think he would change now? His wife left him because of the drinking (he finally told me this after month 5 of us dating).

NAD- you are right. It's a party there, people are drinking. everyone is happy to see him drink.

I am done.

I've called to tell him I want to pick up my things. He is doing the "avoidance" thing and says he will be too busy today.

hate the disease. what a waste of a really great person.

painfully,
giz