Notices

Day 1

Old 06-17-2014, 05:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Day 1

I was sober two years. Lost tons of weight. Picked up a drink about a year ago and things have slowly declined.
I moved away. Far away to Florida and the drinking has gotten me again folks.
Oh! The things I have messed up and will continue to mess up if I cannot become sober.
Im so tired of the insanity. When will it end?!
I lost a tremendous amount of weight and loved exercise during my sober period... Have gained so much of it back.
Its becoming self hatred.
But at the end of a long week. (This one for instance)started a bender that went from Friday through Monday! I just cave so quickly and i have no control anymore?!
What a day today has been.
Feeling better now. Traffic here is so overwhelming. I have such high anxiety... I just want to feel something else.
Im so afraid I will never win again?!
Thank you for listening
Old 06-17-2014, 05:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Amy

I was battered when I got here from my own years of self abuse. SR gave me hope.
I know you'll find hope here too - and support and understanding

D
Old 06-17-2014, 05:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome back Amy. You obviously know what to do to get sober. You just have to remain vigilant in keeping it. Do you have anything in mind for this time around?
What worked for you last time? Get it together and come up with a solid plan to get it and KEEP it.

What can you do differently? What kind of social support do you need? etc.

You can do it. You just have to make up your mind to stick with it.
Old 06-17-2014, 05:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You know.. I had a really scary withdraw once and made up my mind I wanted to feel good again. And I got on here some.
I also have mood disorder and I think its getting harder to control my mood swings!
Ill be comings back guys and giving my support as well!
I feel better all ready! 😘👍✌️
Old 06-17-2014, 05:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi and welcome Amy I was battered when I got here from my own years of self abuse. SR gave me hope. I know you'll find hope here too - and support and understanding D
. Thank you Dee!!
Old 06-17-2014, 05:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
Welcome back Amy. You obviously know what to do to get sober. You just have to remain vigilant in keeping it. Do you have anything in mind for this time around? What worked for you last time? Get it together and come up with a solid plan to get it and KEEP it. What can you do differently? What kind of social support do you need? etc. You can do it. You just have to make up your mind to stick with it.
As for social support. I tend to go to work/school than isolate a bit. I have very supporting husband but I need more than that.
Old 06-17-2014, 06:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Good to see you Amy. I hope you'll keep posting - it really helps to talk things over with those who understand.

I had 3 yrs. once & picked up for no good reason. I was just going to have 'a few' & let that be it. 7 yrs. later I came stumbling in to SR - drinking all day. I crashed and burned very quickly after being sober for those years. It's great to be free of it once again. You can do it Amy.
Old 06-17-2014, 06:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Good to see you Amy. I hope you'll keep posting - it really helps to talk things over with those who understand. I had 3 yrs. once & picked up for no good reason. I was just going to have 'a few' & let that be it. 7 yrs. later I came stumbling in to SR - drinking all day. I crashed and burned very quickly after being sober for those years. It's great to be free of it once again. You can do it Amy.
Aw!! You give me hope!! Ill be coming back! Thank you!!!!!!
Old 06-17-2014, 06:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

you can always come here whenever you need to for support.
Old 06-17-2014, 06:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Hi Amy and welcome to this great forum and support.

Please stick around. I always thought that stopping the purchase of alcohol, then stopping drinking was this far off endeavor. Turns out that the whole thing is in my reach and I am doing it. You have done it before for a year...and it sounds like it was a really good one You know you can do this.

We are all in the same boat and we all have to start wherever we find ourselves. Give it another go? Soon?

Many of us have a hard time with the end of the day, week, weekend (well, then the start of the week...) and there is always support to be had here. The 'weekenders' thread (usually started on Thursday unless Weasel has a brain blip and starts it (pleasantly) on Wednesday), has been SO helpful for not only getting through each weekend, but actually really enjoying the camaraderie and accountability. Also, the group meetings have been particularly supportive for Friday nights.

You got this Amy. Everyone is here. No need to suffer through alone

Old 06-17-2014, 07:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Glad you're here, I'm looking forward to seeing your progression!. I'm sure you know from experience you're in for a ton of weight lifted off your shoulders, you can start kissing that anxiety goodbye!. Keep up the good work!. Let us know how you feel tomorrow.
Old 06-18-2014, 05:10 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey Amy!! Great decision on Day 1!! you'll find loads of support here!!
Old 06-18-2014, 05:32 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LeTheVerte View Post
Hi Amy and welcome to this great forum and support. Please stick around. I always thought that stopping the purchase of alcohol, then stopping drinking was this far off endeavor. Turns out that the whole thing is in my reach and I am doing it. You have done it before for a year...and it sounds like it was a really good one You know you can do this. We are all in the same boat and we all have to start wherever we find ourselves. Give it another go? Soon? Many of us have a hard time with the end of the day, week, weekend (well, then the start of the week...) and there is always support to be had here. The 'weekenders' thread (usually started on Thursday unless Weasel has a brain blip and starts it (pleasantly) on Wednesday), has been SO helpful for not only getting through each weekend, but actually really enjoying the camaraderie and accountability. Also, the group meetings have been particularly supportive for Friday nights. You got this Amy. Everyone is here. No need to suffer through alone
Wow thank you!!! Im having a hard time getting in groups?
It was two years and it was great. Im shocked at how much worse it has gotten this time!!!
Ive wrecked my car (i at least quit driving) broke my foot.. Been in the er twice and almost fell in the bay here in Tampa that would have killed me! Still. I drink!!!??? Im so sick of suffering!!!
I dont want to live like this and my family deserves better.
I have not given up hope!!!!
Thank you for your support!
Old 06-18-2014, 05:34 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

[QUOTE="eliza24;4724685"]Glad you're here, I'm looking forward to seeing your progression!. I'm sure you know from experience you're in for a ton of weight lifted off your shoulders, you can start kissing that anxiety goodbye!. Keep up the good work!. Let us know how you feel tomorrow.[/QUOTE
Im actually almost as ill as I was yesterday but the anxiety is better. I just want to beat this once and for all!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!
Old 06-18-2014, 07:53 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

We all fall, its what we do to get up again that counts. I am just getting back up myself. Let's do it together. We are NOT alone.
Old 06-18-2014, 08:39 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
KAD
Left the bottle behind 4/16/2015

Good to meet you, Amy! Nowhere to start but at the beginning. Glad to see that's what you're doing! Stick around. There is an abundance of people here willing to help you as best we can.