Courage To Change: 06/17/14

Old 06-17-2014, 07:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Courage To Change: 06/17/14

Al-Anon helps many of us to cope with crises that we simply could not have managed on our own. We learn to lean on a Power greater than ourselves, and through the faith and support that surround us, we discover that we can live and even grow through terribly difficult times.
For most of us, the situation eventually alters, or we learn to find peace with it. But some of us continue to worry. What if crises return? Al-Anon has helped before, but will it work for me if I need it again? What if some other misfortune comes to pass? I cannot know what the future will bring. My best hope is every bit as likely to occur as my worst fear, so I have no reason to give more weight to my negative assumptions. All I can do is make the most of this day. Today I can choose to trust my recovery, the tools of the program, and my Higher Power, and to recognize how very far I have come.

Today’s Reminder
Today I will take a few minutes to acknowledge my growth. I am not perfect, but I certainly have made progress.

“. . . we may not recognize our progress right away, but the effects of working the Al-Anon program are profound and lasting.”
. . . In All Our Affairs
Old 06-17-2014, 07:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Most of the times the daily readings are awesome and spot on but once in a while, I feel like I am just posting an Al Anon commercial.
Maybe I missed the point of today's reading but it sounds like one of those
Old 06-17-2014, 06:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Carlotta View Post
I cannot know what the future will bring. My best hope is every bit as likely to occur as my worst fear, so I have no reason to give more weight to my negative assumptions.
This is one of my favourite passages from CtC. It has helped me make decisions more times than I can count! Especially when I find 'what if's' holding me back from taking a risk.