Notices

Vicodin

Old 06-17-2014, 03:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Vicodin

I'm still in alcohol recovery. Day 71 today. Friday, however, I had a procedure done on my knee. I was prescribed an anti-inflammatory drug, and Vicodin for the pain.

I tried not to overdo it. The dosage calls for 1-2 pills up to six hours a day. I took one a night before bedtime three nights in a row. Mostly so I could sleep and not be in pain.

Yesterday I woke up and it felt like I pulled a serious drunk. A brutal hangover, or so it seemed. I feel slightly better today, but it seems like I am back in the early days of alcohol withdrawal.

I'm throwing the pills out and I wish I had never taken them.

Ugh....
Old 06-17-2014, 03:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

OOooooo Nasty. I've had them & felt the same... Soon stopped taking them!! If it's not us trying to poison ourselves it's the Doctors!! Hope your knee feels better..
Old 06-17-2014, 03:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks. The knee is coming along well.

I hope this only last a few days. Vicodin is horrible!
Old 06-17-2014, 10:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know that people have different reactions to things, but I would strongly, STRONGLY suggest that those in recovery avoid any form of opiate. This is worse than the first few days without alcohol. I had to leave work today, which I didn't have to do when I was drying out. I almost did, and I felt like pure hell, but I would splash water on my face, steel myself, and plow through the day.

The only good thing about this is, it strengthens my resolve and my conviction that mind altering substances are poison.