Notices

Day 5 & Feeling Yuck!!!

Old 06-15-2014, 10:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5 & Feeling Yuck!!!

Hi All

Been up for about an hour & feel as though I have been on a bender!! Feel hungover & have that awful taste in my mouth, whisky drinkers will know this.. Mad, felt great yesterday & havnt touched a drop!!
Old 06-15-2014, 11:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thats pretty normal feeling in withdrawels, i always feel hungover for days and it does clear. Brain fog is the worst
Old 06-15-2014, 11:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

It would be great if recovery was a straight line and the farther we got away from our last drink the better we felt...but it doesn't often work that way.

If you drank like me, you punished your mind and body for years...it will take a little time for things to return to a normal, consistent level.

Try and be patient - you're definitely heading in the right direction Jezza

D
Old 06-15-2014, 11:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi jezza, yes i know that taste all too well. I know how tough the first week is, but don't let it distract you from what you've done over the past 5 days. Take it easy, keep hydrating your body (with water, not whiskey), and soon enough the worst of it will pass.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks all.. i really should remember all of the waves of withdrawal.. It's amazing how we forget!!
Thanks early.. Don't worry, whisky is the last thing on my mind, gagging thinking about it!!!
Old 06-16-2014, 12:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Man, Day 5 was rough for me every time. The worst was that I was physically capable of obtaining more booze so I used that to chase away the physical and mental pain. Take care of yourself, see if you're having any food cravings (ohmygosh, I adored pickles, ice pops and candy...not all at the same time...usually) and don't give up. If the weather's fair, consider taking a short walk. I was always amazed how much a walk helped me and I hate walking.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DisplacedGRITS View Post
Man, Day 5 was rough for me every time. The worst was that I was physically capable of obtaining more booze so I used that to chase away the physical and mental pain. Take care of yourself, see if you're having any food cravings (ohmygosh, I adored pickles, ice pops and candy...not all at the same time...usually) and don't give up. If the weather's fair, consider taking a short walk. I was always amazed how much a walk helped me and I hate walking.
Thanks Displace... That has reminded me day 5 is my cave in day!!!!! Crumbs, totally forgot.. Thankfully its Monday so I'm pretty busy with work so hopefully won't have time to think about it & will dip in & out of here as much as possible..
Old 06-16-2014, 01:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

No matter how busy my days were, I always seemed to find time to get loaded, lol. What got me through was being connected to other sober alcoholics. I've had to learn to get humble and call someone when those feelings hit. I hated it, but I had to call my sponsor in the parking lot of a grocery store a few weeks ago. The craving and obsession got triggered by a stupid sign! No one else would have looked twice at the sign but it got my motor revving and my mind started buzzing. Called my husband and sponsor and sure enough, I did my shopping and had totally forgotten about booze. Whatever you do, don't drink! Come here first. Post, read, share. Stay connected. I know I'm not always stronger than my cravings but my friends are and they loan me their strength anytime I need it. We'll loan you ours and we will get through this together!
Old 06-16-2014, 01:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DisplacedGRITS View Post
No matter how busy my days were, I always seemed to find time to get loaded, lol. What got me through was being connected to other sober alcoholics. I've had to learn to get humble and call someone when those feelings hit. I hated it, but I had to call my sponsor in the parking lot of a grocery store a few weeks ago. The craving and obsession got triggered by a stupid sign! No one else would have looked twice at the sign but it got my motor revving and my mind started buzzing. Called my husband and sponsor and sure enough, I did my shopping and had totally forgotten about booze. Whatever you do, don't drink! Come here first. Post, read, share. Stay connected. I know I'm not always stronger than my cravings but my friends are and they loan me their strength anytime I need it. We'll loan you ours and we will get through this together!
AAAaaaahhhhh Thanks Displaced.. Happy that you manage to squash those cravings even if you do hate contacting other people. As long as it works, that is the most important thing. I'll be ok, will ride the waves & try to embrace the withdrawals as it is the body healing which is a good thing.. right?? Plus I want to be sober as there are some good World Cup matches on later!!
Old 06-16-2014, 01:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi there

I am on day 8 and am still waking up exhausted with the feeling that I have been drinking the night before myself. Then I remember that I didn't and although I do not feel all that great physically, mentally I am glad that I have achieved another day moving forward.

I think it takes your body some time to start feeling OK again. Well done for day 5 xxx
Old 06-16-2014, 01:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi again

Sorry, I do not know where I got Day 5 from Jezza...haven't woken up properly yet. Whatever day you are on, please keep going. I am sure your body will start to feel better in the fullness of time xx
Old 06-16-2014, 01:29 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Congrats on 5 days. I'm sure you'll feel better soon x
Old 06-16-2014, 01:41 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Badga View Post
Hi again

Sorry, I do not know where I got Day 5 from Jezza...haven't woken up properly yet. Whatever day you are on, please keep going. I am sure your body will start to feel better in the fullness of time xx
Thanks Badga but you're right it is day 5!!! and yes I suppose after all the abuse I always expect to be firing on all cylinders after a few days!!! & well done on day 8.. I'm not far behind you..
Old 06-16-2014, 02:12 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

It'll take time, but things will get better, I don't miss that taste, nor waking up with the hangovers!!

Let the body do it's thing, it'll heal up nicely with some good rest and nutrition, plenty of water and fresh air got me through my first couple of weeks too.

Great job on Day 5!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 06-16-2014, 02:14 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

I was still going through some pretty bad withdrawals on Day 5.

Hang in there. It's gonna get better!