questions about stage of A

Old 06-15-2014, 02:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

questions about stage of A

Had anyone ever seen muscle wasting in alcoholics? I posted earlier and needed to clarify. If so what was it like? And what stage was the A in. Also can late stage A's also be functional meaning they have a job, don't miss, and as far as I know don't drink at work.
Old 06-15-2014, 03:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Timeagain, I asked in your last thread and I'll ask again in this one: What exactly do you want to find out? What is the significance of the muscle wasting and stage identification questions?

Regarding your question about functional alcoholics--they are functional until they aren't. It doesn't necessarily take a year or 10 years or 20 years, it just takes until their addiction is severe enough and the mental and physical damage is bad enough that they can't hold it together any more. Some A's have NEVER been functional, at any point.

You seem determined to get answers, which is a good thing. However, I think if you let us know what the problem is that you're dealing with instead of asking for a label for the A or a description of a physical symptom, we can probably help you more effectively.
Old 06-15-2014, 03:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I drank for many decades, while bodybuilding. No body wastage expect probably my brain....

I was also a functional alcoholic, but this tends to be an oxymoron. My drinking gravely affected my employment, socializing, family; indeed it negated everything.
Old 06-15-2014, 03:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know nothing of muscle problems; sounds like he/she should see a physician. Regarding alcoholism it is a progressive disease. I worked too until almost dying in a blackout, which led me to the rooms of AA 23 years ago.
Old 06-15-2014, 03:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

the longer someone drinks, getting into their 50's, the less they eat or at the very least do not eat WELL. their body is robbed of much needed vitamins and minerals. their liver while still functional is UNDER functioning and thus more toxins are left in the system. they also are less inclined to do much exercise. the body becomes malnourished and will send out less to the extremities and keep more in the torso/core in order to keep the organs functioning.