Notices

Happy fathers day!

Old 06-15-2014, 03:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Happy fathers day!

Hello everyone,

This one goes out to the brave fathers that are either early in recovery, have some extended sober time under their belt, and the ones struggling or sitting on the fence on getting sober.

Today is all ours, hope you take time to relax with your feet up and a nice non-Alcoholic drink of your choice. Don't worry about refills, you are allowed to task your children.

Old 06-15-2014, 03:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's was very sweet. Thanks Patman
Old 06-15-2014, 04:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Happy Father's Day to you patman--you are an inspiration

Old 06-15-2014, 05:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Don't tell me we are only 3 fathers on SR for heaven sakes!! LOL!

Old 06-15-2014, 05:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Magsie

Happy daddy's day patman, legitgo, and Hawkeye. Have a great day x
Old 06-15-2014, 05:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Happy Father's Day from the great (not so white now) north!

Let us praise those fathers who have striven to balance the demands of work, marriage, and children with an honest awareness of both joy and sacrifice. Let us praise those fathers who, lacking a good model for a father, have worked to become a good father.

Let us praise those fathers who by their own account were not always there for their children, but who continue to offer those children, now grown, their love and support. Let us pray for those fathers who have been wounded by the neglect and hostility of their children.

Let us praise those fathers who, despite divorce, have remained in their children's lives. Let us praise those fathers whose children are adopted, and whose love and support has offered healing.

Let us praise those fathers who, as stepfathers, freely choose the obligation of fatherhood and earned their step children's love and respect. Let us praise those fathers who have lost a child to death, and continue to hold the child in their heart.

Let us praise those men who have no children, but cherish the next generation as if they were their own.

Let us praise those men who have "fathered" us in their role as mentors and guides.

Let us praise those men who are about to become fathers; may they openly delight in their children.

And let us praise those fathers who have died, but live on in our memory and whose love continues to nurture us.
Kirk Loadman
Old 06-15-2014, 07:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
KAD
Left the bottle behind 4/16/2015

Thanks, man! I am a father of two beautiful young daughters. I'm bittersweet today because they leave for Summer Camp and just dropped by to give me my gifts and lots of hugs. Love those girls so much. They are my anchor to reality and a HUGE influence on my need to stay away from booze forever.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I had married a woman in 200 who had two daughters. Sadly, I drank almost the entire time.

I quit in the last year of it, back in 2008. I devoted myself to my family. Or tried to.

But my ex developed an addiction of her own. To the online game, World of Warcraft. In some ways it was worse than my alcohol dependency.

She ended up having an affair with some guy she met on the game, and the marriage died. I went back to drinking.

Now they live 2000 miles from me. My stepdaughter, who was my best friend and my little sidekick, just graduated high school.

She is a good kid, but she never acknowledges my birthday or father's day. So these days are hard for me.

On top of it, I received some brutal news yesterday. A drastic pay decrease at my job, which is causing me to cancel my vacation to visit my stepdaughter.

I'm tied in knots, I'm heartsick, and it would be easy to drown it in a twelver of beer. That is out of the question, though.

I hate all holidays. They just emphasize my loneliness and loss. I'm always glad when they have passed.

As for my own father, he was a mean drunk who used to beat on his wife. I spent most of my childhood hiding. Most of my adult life hiding too.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:13 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm not a father, but I certainly echo Pat's words!!
Old 06-15-2014, 08:20 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Happy Fathers Day to all of you who were fortunate enough to have children.
Always be thankful for that. Now enjoy your day you earned it.
Old 06-15-2014, 10:03 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Happy Father's Day!

My daughter is taking me to lunch. Hope y'all have a good one!