Hurting

Old 06-13-2014, 05:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hurting

Hi
I'm new here and I need help. I'm hurting bad. I'm hurting for my ASon. He is now in prison serving 2 1/2 years for his 3 DUI.

I have tried so hard to help him over these last 5 years but nothing has worked.

I can except what has happened to him but I'm hurting for HIM. I cry for him daily. I want some peace in my life and get over this hurting inside. He is my son with a terrible addiction and I don't want to lose him.

Thank you for letting me post.
Old 06-13-2014, 05:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Baby Steps

I am sorry for your pain. I understand you want to help him but you can only help yourself your son will only stop when he wants to and is ready. I don't mean to sound negative and I apologise if I have come across that way.

Keep posting here and read all you can about addiction to help you understand the hold it can have on those we love. Also read the stickies at the top of the forum they are very helpful. Focus on you and your recovery and take one day at a time.
Old 06-13-2014, 05:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My heart goes out to you in this painful experience. I hope you can go to Alanon, which saved my sanity. What I learned is that I'm powerless over people, places and things, which hurt a lot in the beginning. Prayer can help a good deal, I've found. Keep posting here, so many of us have felt the pain of the disease of alcoholism.