Quack

Old 06-13-2014, 05:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Quack

Yesterday evening ABF decided he was going to a friends house just before 8 pm....didn't get back until after 10. Whatever.

Anyway, I have a suspicion that he was going to drink whiskey since he says he only drinks beer...which I know is a lie but he thinks as long as he doesn't drink it in front of me then he's okay. Again, whatever.

So he came home, I'm in bed watching tv. I didn't talk much to him, theres no point when they are drunk they don't remember it anyway. So he's in there gabbing away about how nasty his friend's house is (really? ABF is just as nasty but I clean). Then all of a sudden he got mad because I never "cuddle" him. After 4 years of him pushing me away, damn right I don't cuddle. Plus, who wants to cuddle with a drunk construction worker who doesn't bathe regularly? in summer?

Anyway, he threw a fit and made a big show of going to sleep on the sofa. I used to chase him and beg him to come back to bed. Last night I just said "Fine, whatever." And slept peacefully with the bed all to myself.

I think thats progress? I did what made me happy.
Old 06-13-2014, 05:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That is definitely progress! Good for you.

I.used to feel almost wounded when AH would sleep on the couch. Now I prefer it. I get the bed all to myself, and it's so hard to fall asleep with smell of vodka oozing from him. Ick.

Progress is wonderful.
Old 06-13-2014, 05:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My AH did same almost same thing last night. Left around 8pm, I fell asleep around 11:30 and he wasn't home yet. Woke up at 4:00 to a loud noise, went downstairs to find him passed out in a sitting position with arm propped up on bathtub!!!! Don't know if he was sick or what...... Went back to bed and left him there. Got up and went to work and he was upstairs in bed. Pathetic
Old 06-13-2014, 06:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Blossom, that is GREAT progress on your part. Good for you!

I can relate to this, as my A used to complain that we "lived like roommates", but this was after several years of no interest on his part. During this time, he grew more and more distant, never remembered things we talked about and in general was simply not present for our life together. When he did choose to show some interest again, there was none on my part, mostly b/c by then I had so little emotional involvement with him, but also partly b/c he, like your A, would shower once a month if I was lucky. NOT an attractive proposition!

Again, you did very well to keep your own personal peace and let him go about his own business.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The 'big show' about going to sleep on the couch....just like a little kid! My former bf made even zipping the zipper of his sleeping bag he was using a major event. I'm surprised he didn't invite the media in, LOL. He was 65 years old at that time. I wish he pulled that stuff in front of the people who he worked with that thought he walked on water...
Old 06-13-2014, 08:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Originally Posted by Blossom717 View Post
I think thats progress?
Yup, sounds like it to me.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FeelingGreat View Post
Yup, sounds like it to me.
Ditto

Well done!
Old 06-13-2014, 08:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

What??? You wouldn't cuddle with your big, bad, drunk and smelly construction worker? Lol, good for you, Blossom!
Old 06-13-2014, 03:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ipanema View Post
My former bf made even zipping the zipper of his sleeping bag he was using a major event. I'm surprised he didn't invite the media in, LOL.
This made me LOL