Notices

Calorie reduction!

Old 06-13-2014, 03:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Calorie reduction!

So I am half way through day 4 and starting to feel much better. Keeping up with good eating, water, exercise etc, keeping busy but not manic. Sleep still rubbish!

Yesterday mid afternoon I was really hungry and the thought of a drink kept popping up. I guess because my drinking usually started around lunchtime and continued until I was comatose I did not really get hungry, yes I ate , usually Cr*p but was never truly hungry.

All of a sudden my body is missing around 2000 kcals a day. So today I have had to make sure that I snack to keep that effect away. Just healthy stuff fruit nuts etc. Upside is maybe I will eventually fit into thse flared jeans from the 70's!

Tomorrow is day five and Saturday, I think the weekend could be tougher than being at work, so I will try put a plan together to keep me occupied, still best to get to the end of Friday first.
Old 06-13-2014, 04:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Grok it's a really good idea to be aware if you are hungry or tired in the early days because at times like that you may think you have a craving when what you need is food or a nap. Good for you for getting a good snack in. You go!
Old 06-13-2014, 04:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Grok

I'm on day 2 and absolutely starving!!! Had breakfast, brunch & I'm still hungry!! Not having any cravings, this is food hunger. Trouble is food still does not taste very pleasant which is an effect from the drinking but maybe nibbling on nuts & carrots (healthy stuff) may help..
Old 06-13-2014, 05:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, well done Jezza, I read somewhere in the last couple of days that you can use the word HALT to to sum up what we must avoid being

H ungry
A ngry
L only
T ired

Have a great day 2
Old 06-13-2014, 05:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Grok:

Fellow Day 4'er. I haven't gained or lost weight, but I think the body is still in "recovery mode" now that it doesn't have to process all the toxic alcohol we used to ingest daily.

While weight loss would be nice, what I am really looking forward to is restful sleep.

Camino
Old 06-13-2014, 05:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great job on Day 4!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 06-13-2014, 06:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Me too Camino,a nice nights sleep would be great, it will come I know. Even stayed up late last night and watched football, sleep still was rubbish!!
Old 06-13-2014, 06:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I know it's different for everyone and I am only a few days ahead of you guys (Day 8) but I actually slept pretty good last night (I have REALLY been struggling to sleep) so hopefully the same will ring true for you!
Old 06-13-2014, 08:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I'm new here. Just on Day 3.

Anyways, I was really confused yesterday too about how HUNGRY I was. I was mindful of eating healthy (but delicious) things, but even at 10pm I was like...wait, I'm LEGIT hungry. Not just the munchies...but Hungry.

Glad to know I'm not alone, it's just part of the process.