Notices

life goes on

Old 07-09-2004, 06:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
knucklehead

life goes on

good day to all at Sr. i am glad to be on this common trail to stop addictive behavior with all of you. today is the first day of my 8th week. i am still struggling with myself. i am still ambivolent to drink or to abstain. i still feel a great desire to drink but my greater desire to abstain has been leading me out of that destructive behivior. i still have to fight with myself. i have very strong cravings daily. i know i will have to face them within myself today. my addictive self is not giving up but day by day i am defeating it.

today i am responsible for my sobreity. i am not going to drink today. i am getting better. today i believe in my self and i am greater then my addiction. thanks for all of your support. good luck to all of you A-Z and have a great sober day.
Old 07-09-2004, 06:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Hang in there! Are you going to meetings, working the steps? Today is my 138th day clean and sober, and I still struggle sometimes too. I find myself wanting that "quick fix" that alcohol and marijuana could give me. However, I have also found that I can often get that "quick fix" through prayer, and if that doesn't work, a meeting always does. Seven, going on eight weeks is a wonderful accomplishment!! You should be very proud. Trust God, and it will get better. Remember, we are all here with you.

Take care, and have a great weekend!
Old 07-09-2004, 06:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Kck,

You're absolutely right that the way to gain control of your life is to fight the cravings one by one. Each time you win the battle, the cravings lose their power. I'm glad you're still on the journey of sobriety.

Love, Anna
Old 07-09-2004, 12:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

way to go kck, good work!
i've found that the best way to fight is to surrender, it took me awhile to realise what that meant, but it was definitely worth the wait. do you go to meetings, have a sponsor, work the steps?

if not are you trying any kind of recovery program? for me doing it alone was short lived, i found i needed the help of AA and it's fellowship.

i just celebrated a year in sobriety this month, i can honestly say that the cravings are gone, the obsession is lifted. but that doesn't mean the thought never crosses my mind, it does. but it is usually a short lived thought because i have things to fall back on today, things that help me change that thought.