Notices

How long did your shakes last??

Old 06-12-2014, 09:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How long did your shakes last??

I know I am only on day 3 but I am just wondering how long your shakes lasted? It's mostly in my hands. I have an interview today and nervous about signing anything if I am shaky.. My detox last year I was on day 13 and still shaky, however I was drinking alot more than I am now.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's different for anyone, but my body started to settle down after the first week.

The body needs time to heal from many years of abusing it!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 06-12-2014, 09:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

10 days and my shakes went away :-)
Old 06-12-2014, 11:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm on day 6 and my shakes went away on day 4. They do resurface very slightly if I have too much caffeine like today. But yeah for me and my many detoxes they were gone by day 4.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I just got done with my interview and I was a nervous wreck. My anxiety was beyond high..Felt like a band of pressure around my head.. and I was shaky filling out additional paperwork

Hoping to continue getting better. I was able to sleep last night and did not wake up sweaty..the previous 2 nights I woke up sweaty and woke up just about every hour.

Just staying strong because in the end I know that this will be worth it.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kmae89 View Post
I just got done with my interview and I was a nervous wreck. My anxiety was beyond high..Felt like a band of pressure around my head.. and I was shaky filling out additional paperwork

Hoping to continue getting better. I was able to sleep last night and did not wake up sweaty..the previous 2 nights I woke up sweaty and woke up just about every hour.

Just staying strong because in the end I know that this will be worth it.
Stay strong, you don't want to do this again. I also have terrible anxiety from time to time and that alone will cause shakes. So I'm curious to know if tonight when you are very comfortable in your bed and you feel at ease. Hold your arm straight out and see if you are still shaking. If not, then you might be able to attribute the shakes to anxiety vs withdrawal. That is progress I think.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

After about 6-7 days.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Serper2014 View Post
Stay strong, you don't want to do this again. I also have terrible anxiety from time to time and that alone will cause shakes. So I'm curious to know if tonight when you are very comfortable in your bed and you feel at ease. Hold your arm straight out and see if you are still shaking. If not, then you might be able to attribute the shakes to anxiety vs withdrawal. That is progress I think.
I am relaxing watching tv, held my arms out straight and no shaking hardly at all. extremely minimal. Now...how to get through this anxiety.. *SIGH* I've had anxiety since I was 18 years old..Maybe once I get a doctor I can get some meds for anxiety.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kmae89 View Post
I am relaxing watching tv, held my arms out straight and no shaking hardly at all. extremely minimal. Now...how to get through this anxiety.. *SIGH* I've had anxiety since I was 18 years old..Maybe once I get a doctor I can get some meds for anxiety.
Yeah so this is good news. I have anxiety issues as well. You should work on one thing at a time though. Mostly because the standard anxiety treatments (SSRI's and Benzodiazepines) can't be combined with alcohol... So one thing at time, one day at time.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Kmae - it worth considering that shakes may be indicative of some greater problem. If you feel unwell or concerned it's best to see your Dr

D
Old 06-12-2014, 05:45 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

For me the shakes went away after three or four days.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

days
Old 06-12-2014, 06:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

It's ALWAYS best to go see a doctor for any condition that you are worried about. However, in America healthcare isn't free and actually quite expensive. Tremors that don't fall into the category of essential tremor (idiopathic) are actually very rare, and even rarer are they diagnosable or treatable. You just went through withdrawal, you're gonna shake, you're going to be anxious for a bit. If I were shaking at day 4 which I was, I think it would be quite obvious what the doctor is going to tell you... and you just lost 50 bucks or more for insurance. I mean, you could have parkinson's disease and that could be the reason for the tremor, BUT it's highly unlikely. Always best to see a doctor if you are concerned.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:12 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

See a doctor. My shakes were after detoxing from benzos and booze, and were intense for six months, mostly gone a year out.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:21 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MemphisBlues View Post
See a doctor. My shakes were after detoxing from benzos and booze, and were intense for six months, mostly gone a year out.

Wow 6 months! Yeah not surprising, benzos will do that to you.
How did they treat your shakes?
Old 06-12-2014, 06:26 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I was one of the lucky ones that did not have shakes or any major withdrawal symptoms other Horrible nightmares and sleep paralyses.

I hope your shakes go away. And like others said, if you can see a doctor, all for the better. The money it might cost is an invest and now that you don't buy booze you will be able to pay.