Notices

One month today

Old 06-11-2014, 03:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One month today

well, here I am. One month today. and woke up miserable. LOL...probably due to lack of sleep more than anything. The nightmares of going to jail are messing with my head. And yesterday my sponsor had to back down...unfortunately she has a few things going on with her that need to be dealt with, so she feels she is unable to properly do the steps with me...I respect that. Back to the drawing board. I didn't do the steps last time I sobered up so was very excited to start this process.
Thank god for this board. It has been a blessing the last month and I suspect for the rest of my journey as I go through a period of massive change.
I'm glad that even though I am facing a situation I never in a million years thought I would find myself in...the thought of going on a bender is the LAST thing on my mind.

Happy Hump Day! Lol
Old 06-11-2014, 03:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jupiters View Post
well, here I am. One month today. and woke up miserable. LOL...probably due to lack of sleep more than anything. The nightmares of going to jail are messing with my head. And yesterday my sponsor had to back down...unfortunately she has a few things going on with her that need to be dealt with, so she feels she is unable to properly do the steps with me...I respect that. Back to the drawing board. I didn't do the steps last time I sobered up so was very excited to start this process.
Thank god for this board. It has been a blessing the last month and I suspect for the rest of my journey as I go through a period of massive change.
I'm glad that even though I am facing a situation I never in a million years thought I would find myself in...the thought of going on a bender is the LAST thing on my mind.

Happy Hump Day! Lol
Well done Jupiters on your first month! Sorry your going through some stuff at the moment but be proud you've got this far.

From what I hear things really do get better

Stay strong.

One day at a time.

L x
Old 06-11-2014, 03:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations!

Wonderful milestone, Keep on keeping on!
Old 06-11-2014, 03:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go Jupiters

D
Old 06-11-2014, 03:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

One month is awesome!
Old 06-11-2014, 03:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

crazy how much can change within a short amount of time. A month ago I was homeless (the BF didn't want anything to do with me), my parents wanted nothing to do with me, I was crashing on couches, going through probably the worst detox/withdrawl ever, wasn't sure I had a job and facing legal and financial ruin. I was a lost soul who honestly, wasn't thinking very good thoughts at all. Even in my darkest benders, I never got THAT depressed, this time scared me.

Fast forward to today - I have my BF back, who is stepping up to the plate in so many ways that I am still in shock, my parents and friends have rallied around me with incredible support, my work has decided to give me one last chance. My legal situation as we all know isn't great, HOWEVER, it could have been much worse and I am going to turn this into a positive. Financially, not great but not near as bad as I was anticipating with lawyer, car repairs and court fines...plus - I still have a job, so that will work itself out.

it was the best/worst month of my life. And boy o boy, am I ever glad I came out on the other side with hopeful, positive thoughts. I owe a lot of that to THIS site.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats Jupiters. Keep doing what you are doing. Sorry that this sponsor can't work with you. Hopefully you have someone else in mind who can devote the time. Frustrating but doable.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Congratulations Jupiter, one month is a huge step.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Big congrats Jupiter! Stay strong, it will get even better!
Old 06-11-2014, 07:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Jupiters. Well done. So glad that things are looking up.

Rooting for you. We are all in this together.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:28 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Way to go Jupiters! One month is awesome. Keep it going.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:57 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congratulations on one month!!
Old 06-11-2014, 08:31 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Huge congrats, Jupiters. What a great milestone. Keep the momentum!