Notices

Day 2

Old 06-11-2014, 12:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2

So I made it through day 1, felt pretty awful for most of it but that eased into the evening. Rubbish sleep but that is to be expected having used boooze to make myself comatose most nights. This morning got up early and went for a walk before breakfast. Feel pretty weird at the moment, slightly spaced and irritable, again to be expected.

Spent a lot of time in this place yesterday amongst others, helps a lot.

When I have stopped briefly in the past I always go mad setting new goals for weight loss, fitness hobbies etc. This time for now I have a single goal, not to drink again. As I get better the other stuff will come naturally, it can wait for now.

Thanks
Old 06-11-2014, 01:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 2 Grok! I know exactly how you're feeling with the foggy head, I was right there a week ago. It does get easier once you get rid of that fog though. I'm also doing the same. One goal only, the rest of it will come later, or it won't. Not the biggest concern right now.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Same here, Grock! Man, I made so many promises. I was going to turn my life around immediately. Like, yesterday. So, of course, when I struggled in early sobriety, I became discouraged and depressed. What a lovely set up for a relapse. I have a tendency to try to run before I can even crawl. Combine that with being an egomaniac with an inferiority complex and it's no wonder I've failed at so many things, so many times.

Small, achievable goals are working for me. I'm working a new job now and it's hard to not want to immediately begin learning advanced techniques. *deep breath* crawl...crawl...gotta get real good at crawling for now. ^_~
Old 06-11-2014, 01:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good going Grok! You might wish to consider making a plan for yourself about how to manage the next days and weeks. Lots of advice here!

..and as they say - it does get easier!
Old 06-11-2014, 01:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Grok

D
Old 06-11-2014, 04:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Had to go out to see someone this morning about 1 hr from where i work. Normally classic drinking opportunity, see client and buy booze after on my way back. As I drove out there I kept working out the most likely shop to stop at, not really conciously, but through habit. Before I left for the appointment I left my cash and cards in my draw so no money on me. Got back to work sober. A win, small but still a win.

Thanks for your support, it really helps staying focused.

Thanks
Old 06-11-2014, 05:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grok View Post
This time for now I have a single goal, not to drink again.
This was me too.

I think many of us rush it thinking about all the things we can and want to do now and pass over the getting sober part.

Quitting was my only goal as well. That was it, nothing else. If anything else happened along the way it was a bonus but never expected.

Good job! Hang in there, it gets easier.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through!! You can do this!!