Notices

Made the call..

Old 06-10-2014, 10:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Made the call..

After yet another weekend of heavy drinking, this time at a family reunion, I made the phone call this morning to a substance abuse counselor. My doctor gave me the name and phone number over 6 months ago, but I just kept telling myself that I was not that bad off and that I could tone down my drinking by myself. As usual, that didn't happen and things have only gotten worse, hiding alcohol, drinking alone, etc.

This past weekend, I hardly remember anything that happened late at night b/c of drinking pretty much all day long. Woke up early every morning and couldn't go back to sleep, felt horrible, was miserable when we went out and did any family activities - all I wanted to do was lay in bed and sleep until it was late enough in the day to start drinking again so I could feel a little better and give my body what it was craving. Came home yesterday, felt like **** the whole drive home and then had to go to work in the afternoon, which of course was awful.

I'm done. That's it. No more!! I really want help this time and I'm willing to do whatever it takes.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you for making the call. Now, follow up on it.
Willingness is what it takes. Throw in a little desperation, and that's how I got sober.
Next time you feel like drinking, remember how you felt after drinking this time and realize you never have to feel that way again.

Best to you on your journey.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Good job x
Old 06-10-2014, 11:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Just got the call back. I have an appt. tomorrow!
Old 06-10-2014, 11:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Time2Focus View Post
This past weekend, I hardly remember anything that happened late at night b/c of drinking pretty much all day long. Woke up early every morning and couldn't go back to sleep, felt horrible, was miserable when we went out and did any family activities - all I wanted to do was lay in bed and sleep until it was late enough in the day to start drinking again so I could feel a little better and give my body what it was craving. Came home yesterday, felt like **** the whole drive home and then had to go to work in the afternoon, which of course was awful.

I'm done. That's it. No more!! I really want help this time and I'm willing to do whatever it takes.
I could have written this very thing over 11 months ago.
A vicious cycle that keeps getting worse.
Drinking alone,feeling terrible, missing out on life.
So glad you made the call. Godspeed in your recovery my friend!