He's Still Lying!

Old 06-10-2014, 07:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

He's Still Lying!

Oh my God! Why the hell did I ever get involved with him?
He's messaging me all the time, just wanting to talk. He's not asking me to come back anymore and accepts that it's his fault we split.
BUT! He again said that he hasn't drank anything since I left. I've asked him about finding a flatmate and he's being funny saying that he doesn't know (quack quack right?).
Today, I went to the old flat to give him back the keys by posting it through the letterbox. First, I went to collect a jacket that I had forgot. I looked under the bed to get the storage thing and guess what! Beer bottles! On top of that, he has been saying to me that he's just been sitting in the house alone, watching TV. What else did I see? His nicest outfit, which he only wears for going out lying on top of the chest of drawers. So he has been out. Why lie?! I have no sympathy for him! I was alone for months during our relationship because he was too busy being drunk!
Argh! So I gave him the key back. He is trying to get his credit sorted so he can get a loan to pay me back. And then that is it.
On a far better and amazing note - I have an interview on Friday for a job in England. So I am hoping that by the time I move to my mum, I will a job to walk into any a good one at that!
Old 06-10-2014, 07:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I'm glad to know you are moving away and have a job prospect. You are going to be just fine. (((HUGS)))
Old 06-10-2014, 07:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yep. You're gonna be just fine. Good luck with the job interview!!!

Don't be surprised that he continues lying. Of course he does.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

He's Still Lying!
Oh my God! Why the hell did I ever get involved with him?
It's is awesome and empowering when we can un-do our mistakes!!!

You will be great at the new job and stronger moving forward in your new life.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Maybe it would be a good idea to tell him to stop contacting you until he has the money. He can drag out paying that back until the cows come home just to have a connection to you. It will be easier to move on. Sorry you're hurting.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Alcoholics always try to hang onto enablers. You've got a lot of good things ahead of you, good luck with the interview.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That's just it - it doesn't hurt anymore! I just hate people lying to me! But you're right, he's probably so used to lying to me that he doesn't even notice it anymore!
He finally told me that he does have someone for the room who wants it and someone else was coming to view it. I don't care who is in there so long as he rents it out - so he can pay me back faster!
Thanks for all the wishes - I am hoping to get this job and start a new fresh chapter in my life
Old 06-10-2014, 09:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

Honestly, I'd kiss the money goodbye. He "has to get his credit sorted"? Yep, might as well cut and run.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I've seen his credit report myself and there is an issue with it, we were trying to get it sorted for ages beforehand. He's gave me back some already so I'm going to stand and fight for this money. If he doesn't, I'll just take some furniture! :P