Notices

Remorseful

Old 06-10-2014, 06:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Remorseful

So damn remorseful right now in that I've been slipping so much and that I've been disappointing people. I had some friends in town and we had a good time partying. Sunday came around they left and I continued. Monday was utter hell and I could barely work yesterday. I need to etch this into my brain. Confided in more people about my problem which I guess is a good thing. Called my mom and told her how bad I felt and probably worried the hell out of her. Feel bad about that. Contacted my ex which I shouldn't have and feel bad about that. Wrote something to someone that I barely know about something that I wouldn't have wrote had I'd been sober. Left work early because I couldn't manage knowing full well my boss is already questioning my dependability. I'm a highly functioning alcoholic. I'm better than this.

I'm the guy whose coordinating everything for everyone socially and now that I'm faced with this disease I think I need to put that on hold and put my full effort into it.

I haven't had a sponsor in over a year and I know that's something I need to do. I need to work the steps. Sorry I know I'm rambling but it just feels good to get it out.

Thanks everyone!

Garrison
Old 06-10-2014, 06:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing. I'm on day 2 myself and also barely made it through yesterday. I'm commited to never going through that again! Don't beat yourself up, today is a better day if for no other reason than you are sober. Remember that. Best of luck.