Notices

Hello My Name is PrepJackie

Old 07-08-2004, 08:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello My Name is PrepJackie

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]I just wanted to introduce myself to who ever is reading this and whoever is a member of this group. I plan on being a member here on a consistant basis. My name is Prepjackie and my sobriety date is 05/12/02. I can't believe that I found this site. I am so psyched about it. It was a complete accident ya know, cruising the internet, looking for a support group that deals with alcohol, bi-polar and just plain ole recovery in general and look what I found. The perfect place. I consider myself a recovering person. That's what I am. I am recovering from life. Just depends on what's going on, on that particular day. I love my life today, no matter how crappy I may feel, it sure beats the hell out of where I came from. I don't care much for "war" stories they just glamorize, but I remember my first drunk and I remember my last drunk. To me that keeps me grounded. We all took different paths to get here, but the end result was the same...miserable and defeated or at least I was until I found AA. Anyway, I am looking forward to getting to know you, until then.

God Bless
PrepJackie
Old 07-08-2004, 08:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. You have found a wonderful place. I used to think I found this site on accident, also. I now believe that my HP led me to all these wonerful people. You will find alot of support in these posts. Looking forward to getting to know you. Sherry
Old 07-08-2004, 08:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome!!!
Old 07-08-2004, 09:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Vision of Hope

Hello PJ, Addict named Todd. I was guided here and am very grateful. Hope to get to know you and its a we thing, What I cannot do we can do together. This is a wonderful path sent from HP, and alot of great people too.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi PJ
Welcome to SR. I think everyone here would agree we have somethin' good goin' on....
Glad you are going to share it with us.
Old 07-08-2004, 11:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey PJ, welcome. We don't need to glamorize drinking here - the media does a good enough job already! I don't really know what drew me to search for a site like this, but I am sure there is a reason.

I also feel like I could have written your post - it really hits home for me.

I look forward to hear more from you - take care,

Dave
Old 07-09-2004, 12:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Hello to you, PJ. Laura here. I am a recovering alkie/pothead with 138 days of sobriety under my belt. Glad to meet you!
Old 07-09-2004, 12:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
sam082602

Smile Welcome Home!!

Nice to meet ya!! I am Samantha an alcoholic and an addict with other stuff to call myself but I won't!! Anyways, my higher power granted me sobriety on August 26, 2002!! When I talk about Russell that is my husband that has been sober since February 25, 2004!! Glad you're here!! Love ya!! :usaribbon

Old 07-09-2004, 06:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

welcome (((((PJ)))) i'm alice nice to meet you! i look forward to getting to know you better. take care-alice
Old 07-09-2004, 08:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi, I'm Marty, Alcoholic. Glad to have you here!
Old 07-09-2004, 08:47 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Paused

Cool.......Welcome

Talia
Old 07-09-2004, 10:00 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Paused

welcome PJ,
audra here, recovering pothead on my 10th day. also lead here by the graces of God Almighty. i never doubt that. this site and these people are my friends and support group and i am glad to say we are now yours as well. congrats on sobriety and hope today is great for you.