Notices

One Day Down...

Old 06-09-2014, 03:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One Day Down...

Countless to follow. I didn't go to an AA meeting, though I think that's in order for tonight. I've been able to drink water and nible on toast;definitely feeling much better physically, it's the mental and emotional pain that's mostly the issue now (as was expected).

Trying to stay in the here and now is proving to be very difficult. Here's to another 24 hours <3
Old 06-09-2014, 03:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alphabet View Post
Countless to follow. I didn't go to an AA meeting, though I think that's in order for tonight. I've been able to drink water and bible on toast;definitely feeling much better physically, it's the mental and emotional pain that's mostly the issue now (as was expected).

Trying to stay in the here and now is proving to be very difficult. Here's to another 24 hours <3
Keep going Alphabet - as each minute, hour goes by things will slowly but surely get better. Be strong, you can do this!!

One day at a time.

L x
Old 06-09-2014, 03:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Day two and three and four and five and.......it does get better
Old 06-09-2014, 04:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Keep up the effort, alphabet

D
Old 06-09-2014, 04:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

keep going, keep trying that's all u can do in a day xx
Old 06-09-2014, 04:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Realising my life

((((((Hug))))))) <here's a big hug to help you on your way, Alphabet
Old 06-09-2014, 03:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Had a decent day of hiking and cleaning. Physical symptoms are all but gone, though the stress and remorse over my actions and their repercussions, namely me losing my job, is breaking my heart. I know this will pass, but the guilt is unbearable.

Still, I will not drink today.
Old 06-09-2014, 03:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Proud of you for not drinking today, even with the uncomfortable thoughts. Things are going to get better, and you will rise above this.
Old 06-09-2014, 03:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

YOU are doing really well! Keep pushing forward.

Another job will come your way I'm 500% sure about it.
Old 06-09-2014, 03:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you

I have an interview set up for tomorrow that I'm excited about. It'll likely pay more and hopefully be a more comfortable work environment. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
And also that I sleep tonight
Old 06-09-2014, 03:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good luck at your interview!
Old 06-09-2014, 04:00 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Make sure you wear your sobriety pride and confidence!

You totally got this! When they ask if you have any questions at the end, you say what time do I start tomorrow? ;-)
Old 06-09-2014, 05:17 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hang in there pal. Talked to you last night and we are on the same clock. I'm feeling my share of guilt too.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:21 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I hope you're feeling better today, Doc. It's a long, hard process.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:52 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Right about that but the support I'm getting here gives me hope and courage. So many have been through it.
Old 06-09-2014, 11:45 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Finally able to grab some sleep - super weird dreams included. I'll take it.

Now awake though and still dealing with grief and paranoia over this lost job and how that loss came about. I'm sure they've gleaned an idea what's going on and I'm terrified that this side of me will get out and sully my name in my social life.

Very worried and very, very depressed at nearly 3 am. Gonna try to go back to sleep.

xo
Old 06-10-2014, 12:07 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Hey, alphabet. So lets say word gets out about your issue in social circles. Don't you wonder if maybe it's already suspected? We're often not as good as we believe we are at hiding our problem. So if word gets out, you can either be the dude who's a total mess, or the dude who knows what's going on and is getting his act together. You don't have to be known for your past mistakes. Being sober means you know have the option to be known as the guy who beat the odds. The person who had the capacity to be brutally honest with himself and make a change in his life.

I think that the percentage of people there who think that alcoholism is just a problem with a person's morals is greatly decreasing. The public knows that alcoholism is a complicated, debilitating and sometimes deadly disease. There's still the negative perception of the alcoholic. The drunk driver, the party girl that wakes up next to a stranger, the buddy who's violent, the husband that drinks and beats his wife, the father or wife who neglects their family, the breadwinner who drinks away their job...

but...what about the sober alcoholic?

As a sober alcoholic, I have been surrounded by love and good will. I get kudos and encouragement from so many people. Not just family and friends. I get it from near strangers I share my story with. I am surrounded by a network of sober sisters and friends who believe in me. It's amazing.

Being an active alcoholic is so shaming. Being a sober alcoholic is liberating. Sure, there will be people who think that you must be a morally corrupt person for ever "letting yourself be an alcoholic." I'm pretty open about my sobriety and I haven't encountered anyone like that. It's up to you to be known for who you are now, not who you were.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:17 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thank you for that, it was very well put. And you're right, it's absolutely suspected. Time to change things for the better for myself.
Old 06-10-2014, 04:01 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Mental fogginess, headache, lethargy, and sweats are back in full force. I have to be at this place in a couple of hours. Really panicking.
Old 06-10-2014, 04:05 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

hang in alphabet!!!! have a nice long shower, a cup of tea, deep breathing....you CAN AND WILL do this!!!!