Notices

First post/can he do it on his own?

Old 06-08-2014, 04:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First post/can he do it on his own?

Hi there,

I just joined but I am not the addict, its my husband. I am 34 years old and have been with my husband since I was 16. we have 3 amazing kids, one of which has bone marrow failure, she has a life threatening blood disease that is very rare, on top of that she is a teenager that has become depressed due to her illness and dealt by cutting and suicidal thoughts. she recently finished a very intense partial inpatient program that seemed to help a lot but still has her days. my husband has always been an addict looking back, but I never realized it until a few years ago. he has tried every drug there is almost, was a binge drinker, loves opiates, will take them any chance he gets, he will even steal them from you. a few years ago I had had enough of the drinking and told him it was the alcohol or us, he quit. he replaced it with illegal opiates and is currently addicted to illegal suboxen from which is supplied to him a work, where he is a very successful floor supervisor for a pharmaceutical shipping company. they don't ship anything he could take, just diabetic meds and such. 3 weeks ago he detoxed for 2 weeks and this past week he used 4 out of the 7 days again. he normally uses mon thru fri and sat is ok but sun hes jerk to everyone. I didn't know until today he used last week when he was being very mean I questioned it. he will not seek help on his own and today i told him I couldn't do it anymore. he says of course give me one more chance I am done, im not gonna do it again. I need help, I don't know how to live without him, I have been with him almost as long as I have been alive, I cant take care of 3 kids on my own with one being ill. is all of this just another one of his lies and why do I keep being sucked back in all these years.

thanks for any help
Old 06-08-2014, 04:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the SR family. You've got a lot on your plate. I'd suggest getting some support for yourself such as AlAnon or another support group. We also have two friends and family forums for people in situations like yours.

I hope he will get help and stop using.
Old 06-08-2014, 04:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, I hope you find some support for yourself on our Friends & Families forums or at AlAnon.

I hope that your husband makes the decision to live a sober life.
Old 06-08-2014, 05:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi fearfullymade and welcome to SR. Glad you found us.

First off, I am sorry that you have been going through all of this. You have enough to worry about, with a sick child.

I would suggest finding an al-anon meeting, if you can. It would be nice for you to be with others face to face, who understand.

The 12 steps can help you to find some peace. We have oodles of stickies - good reading to help you to get stronger.

I understand you telling him that enough is enough. It is so important to have boundaries, so you can stay sane, and live a better life.

Perhaps he will go to NA meetings or AA, if your boundary says 'no more'?

It must be an added worry that he could get fired for his illegally acquiring pills from work.

You will get support here- you are not alone in this kind of situation, unfortunately.

hugs,