Notices

Two months sober and saying hello

Old 06-08-2014, 04:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Two months sober and saying hello

Dear all on sober recovery....

I keep forgetting that I'm a member on here...

Life is good , now two months in since my last glitch and shall we say binge in which I woke up surrounded by several empty pint cans of Stella , two full 2 litres of cider and an empty bottle of wine....I had the most awful hangover so had a hair of the dog and spent the rest of the day feeling low, angry and having the jitters...also constantly saying to myself jeeze lass never again !

Since then I have joined a recovery group not AA but very similar which I'm loving, I go twice a week, I'm back working part time milking having gained the trust in the farmer who I let down several times turning up drunk, hungover or both.

I also have the exercise bug back, I'm starting taekwondo again next week and make sure even if I cant be bothered working out with bob harper in the mornings, I'm also cycling, running and doing kettlebells.

I feel fantastic and have lost a stone , I still need to stop the dreaded smokes but I'm slowly working on that nasty habit......

I sincerely hope this post doesn't make anyone "think oh good for you!" "thanks for rubbing it in !"

The aim of this is too hopefully help you see that there is a way out of this hell , don't get me wrong I'm scared I will fail, I'm scared I may get some bad news, or that my bipolar will be a bitch one day and I will think fxxk it and drink...the group I'm going to is helping me put coping mechanisms in place, if I fail I fail but I will get back up again.

There isn't a day that goes by when I don't crave a drink, this lovely weather here in the Lake district UK is lovely but I often see other people drinking in the beer gardens....I think mmmmmm shall I try , shall I buy a pint and sit and savour the weather and the cold lager as it goes down? Now I'm getting to grips with my addiction better I know that I cant be like those other people, I can chill with a gold beer or a glass of vino....I could but it would soon be police time......

I'm trying to keep busy as much as I can, if I'm down I run a bath or go and have a nap, I look at my improved relationships with my son and partner, I'm also getting into reading again.

One of my favourite authors sadly passed away, James Herbert, I have all his books, I'm reading Stephen kings book doctor sleep which is a sequel to the shining, I must say he is brilliant , I have never read his books before only seen the movie adaptations ...but I must say I'm finding doctor sleep hard to put down, I also revel in the escapism of the book....I have learnt that distraction for me is vital when that little evil voice comes into my mind and nags me to drink, a drink would make it better....

I try to stick my two fingers up at that voice and tell it to go to hell. At the moment this is working !

Sorry to waffle ....I just thought I would say hi, and yes I often look upon this site when I'm struggling

keep at it people , like myself you will get there

lots of love charlotte xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 06-08-2014, 04:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Soooo happy for you! Well done!!
Old 06-08-2014, 04:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad things are going well countrysidegirl - congratulations!

D
Old 06-08-2014, 04:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations on two months. You are doing great!
Old 06-08-2014, 05:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well done on 2 months You seem happy which is great, congratulations.
Old 06-08-2014, 06:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome back CG-it's good to hear from you and hear things are looking up for you. Congrats on 2 months sober
Old 06-08-2014, 06:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations on two months! That's great.
Old 06-08-2014, 07:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you for all your lovely comments
Charlotte x
Old 06-08-2014, 08:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Great, great post, Charlotte. I hope you're rightfully proud of all that you've achieved

Ps It's a lovely day here in Dorset, just got back from the beach. I always used to nag my partner to stop on the way back for a bottle (or more) of wine. These days we just come straight home! The freedom is amazing!
Old 06-08-2014, 09:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Nothing as nice as a cold lemonade so.my partner says when i nah him or say oh i could murder a drink especially with these nice days...
I must admit the lemonade is indeed refreshing and less like a Trojan horse

Charlotte x