Notices

Just had a meltdown

Old 06-07-2014, 03:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just had a meltdown

Went to a friends party tonight up the pub, didn't stay long because I started to crave alcohol ( I drank orange juice ) anyways me and another friend went back to mine to eat some noodles, long story short we got into a SMALL disagreement about how I shouldn't pay so much money for an exercise bike and I just went NUTS!!! I mean super crazy, swearing and shouting etc

I just feel so ANRGY like im raging inside, I wanna rip someones head off!! This is not usually like me, when I was still drinking I was usually not aggressive but 17 days sober and I hate the friggin world!!

Can anyone relate??
Old 06-07-2014, 03:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Chilledice - any you doing some exercise? Have you been to speak to a Dr about what you are going through - getting sober and struggling with your emotions?

What about try a breathing exercise or some sort of meditation?
Old 06-07-2014, 03:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think it's pretty common. It was for me, and that is one reason I have spent a lot of my recovery alone.

Deep breaths, chamomile tea, and one day at a time. It will get better.
Old 06-07-2014, 03:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AlcoholFree66 View Post
Hey Chilledice - any you doing some exercise? Have you been to speak to a Dr about what you are going through - getting sober and struggling with your emotions?

What about try a breathing exercise or some sort of meditation?
I tried to do some meditation today but felt too '' wound up '' more reason why I should have meditated.

Im changing doctors because my current Dr is just useless, so that is goona take some time, either way I can not keep going on like this just utter madness. This is the longest time I have ever been sober in all my adult life and I wanna hold onto it so I need some professional help!!
Old 06-07-2014, 03:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Chilledice View Post

I just feel so ANRGY like im raging inside, I wanna rip someones head off!! This is not usually like me, when I was still drinking I was usually not aggressive but 17 days sober and I hate the friggin world!!

Can anyone relate??
Your addiction is angry, probably triggered by your trip to the pub.
Old 06-07-2014, 03:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'd say that is a really good idea. If you like - I will go for a half hour walk and you can do something physical (I think it is night time with you?) - then we can meet back here in 45 mins to see how you are feeling???
Old 06-07-2014, 03:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
Your addiction is angry, probably triggered by your trip to the pub.
Could very well be, I shouldn't have gone, I promised my mate I would go but it was silly, been craving a drink all day aswell!

Carl you sure do talk sense!
Old 06-07-2014, 03:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'd say that is a really good idea. If you like - I will go for a half hour walk and you can do something physical (I think it is night time with you?) - then we can meet back here in 45 mins to see how you are feeling???
That sounds awesome but its 11:15 pm here so its getting a tad bit late and the streets aint safe around here, but maybe another time would be cool
Old 06-07-2014, 03:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Ok - no worries - why don't you get into bed - do you enjoy reading a good book or paper?
Old 06-07-2014, 03:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I agree with megancrank, excercise, eat well, sleep lots, and generally take care of yourself. The flooding of emotions does mellow out eventually and you will feel much better. You might want to avoid the pubs for a while. Also, cutting back on caffeine helped me. If you can afford to buy an excercise bike, get one!
Old 06-07-2014, 03:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
AlmA

Chilledice
I get very aggressive sometimes.
And I drive dangerously when I loose it!

In some people sometimes it changes their personality for a while,
Sometimes I tell people to keep away cos I could eat their heads off.

But you will calm down!!!
Give time to time!!!

Well done with your orange juice
Old 06-07-2014, 03:17 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Ok - no worries - why don't you get into bed - do you enjoy reading a good book or paper?
Finishing a cuppa tea then goona read an AA book someone gave to me, then tomorrow I gotta think on how to say sorry to my friend.
Old 06-07-2014, 03:21 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Can you be honest? Does your friend know you are trying to get sober? If so - why don't you just be honest by telling your friend that your moods are all over the place and you are really aware of this and trying to seek help. Don't be too hard on yourself. The most important thing is you didn't pick up a drink. I hope you sleep well.
Old 06-07-2014, 03:23 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Oh, yes! When it happens to me I call it "character defect relapses". The good thing is you recognized it and it bothered you. Had you been drinking you might not even remember it!
Old 06-07-2014, 03:23 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Can you be honest? Does your friend know you are trying to get sober? If so - why don't you just be honest by telling your friend that your moods are all over the place and you are really aware of this and trying to seek help. Don't be too hard on yourself. The most important thing is you didn't pick up a drink. I hope you sleep well.
He knows I am an alcoholic and trying to get sober, however he believes I should just try to cut down as not too put much pressure on myself etc obviously I disagree and would much prefer to ride this out!

Thanks for your kind words I really appreciate it
Old 06-07-2014, 03:40 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I know just what you mean. Day 25 here. I had an anger fit earlier, posted here about it. Finally calmed down and I got another hit - a phone call that aggravated me. The hits just keep on comin it seems. I hope this is still just early on and everything is magnified. Hang in there
Old 06-07-2014, 03:56 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

If it were me, I'd be feeling so virtuous for not drinking in a PUB of all places! That I'd be deserving of cogratulations and a pat on the back... not somebody criticising my actions, especially when buying an exercise bike is another step towards improving yourself! Yes being pissed off makes sense! I definitely think you should avoid pubs where possible, I literally can't imagine being in one sober! Good luck making it up to your friend. Well done for staying sober. And mmmm now I want noodles lol :p
Old 06-07-2014, 04:18 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

Chilled, I think Carl nailed it.

D
Old 06-07-2014, 04:39 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I'm in a mood tonight as well because my partner is drinking....I'm more than sick of it and my primary emotion is anger. I've learned this happens to me when others are drinking and I am not. I KNOW I cannot but I still get ticked off. It's better for me not to be around it that is why I'm home alone tonight. And I'm even ticked off about that but I know that is the best thing for me to do.
Old 06-07-2014, 04:49 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Chilli, do some real work out, it will ease your anger.... You can feel the anger subside after a good work out...

Have you tried too stay away from people that drinks..!!!! I don't how long you been sober, but after 17 days for me today, yes the craving is still there, but the anger is gone and all I see is people that haven't realize yet the damage they do...
Stay cool and focused and try to stay busy at all time.....
And you can alway come here and complain and voice you view, everyone knows how you feel..... Stay strong my friend.....