Going on Vacation ...alittle scared

Old 07-08-2004, 01:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Going on Vacation ...alittle scared

so far my A has been sober for 60 days. It has been pretty darn great. We are about to go on vacation to see his mom with the kids. I'm a little worried he wont go to a AA meeting while we are there. Afraid he will start drinking again...even though they do not drink at all. I know I should not let this be my problem but it will directly effect me if he starts drinking again. He has told me he is excited about going to a meeting on vacation...new people and all. I guess I shoud just worry about making an alanon meeting and get out of his recovery. Any suggestions on what to do if he slips? Should I just get out of my insane thinking?
Old 07-08-2004, 01:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well, I would be worried to but that is just me. I always hate it that it seems what my dry A does directly affects my life's plans. If he drinks, I will do this, blah, blah. Because I know I cannot put up with anymore of the bar-hopping drinking junk. I guess it comes down to how much you will tolerate and how well you can detach. I always try to have a back-up plan ready if he slips. Mostly my back-up plan includes: don't panic, be ready to make a decision you can stick with or don't make a decision at all. Whatever we can do to help ourselves feel better at the time until we can think clearly. I don't know if this helped. Take care of yourself. Lolobug
Old 07-08-2004, 01:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sweetie -
I try not to worry about things that haven't happened. WOW - that was really easy to type and really hard to do!!!!!!

I tell myself constantly that worrying is a complete waste of time. Go on your vacation and enjoy it ! Whatever happens is going to happen so make the best of every day. I'll try to do the same.
L
Old 07-08-2004, 01:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Your A is right, A.A meetings in a different place while you are on vacation are a ball and hopefully he'll go to alot of them.

You can probably find some Alanon for yourself too which will be equally fun. :wink2:

Ngaire
Old 07-08-2004, 03:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by heartbroke1008
Should I just get out of my insane thinking?
There's a good start. Not easy to do though, especially when you find yourself entrenched in insane thinking.
The whole thing is up to him. It's out of your hands. Hope for the best and enjoy your vacation.