no news is good news

Old 06-07-2014, 09:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

no news is good news

Hope everyone is having a relaxing weekend (or at least trying to!).

I have been having a pretty good week. I am surprised at how much I was able to get done lately. My SO has been gone 5 days and I have my nursery put together, my house clean and even some redecorating done. My family has been a huge, huge help. My mom has been staying with me the last few days to keep me company which has been really nice and has kept me busy. I still find myself a little overwhelmed here and there. I had a meeting with my doula (birth attendant) tomorrow, but decided to reschedule. I just don't feel like I have the energy to meet and chit chat (and explain why my SO is absent.) It doesn't really matter one way or the other, but I feel better now that my next 2 days off are freed up and I have no obligations!

All in all, I feel surprisingly good. I've been going to my NarAnon meeting. I've been sleeping well (which is phenomenal). My house feels like a safe place again and I've been so busy I haven't even had time to dwell on how my SO is doing in rehab. I haven't heard from my SO at all. His dad heard from him once, just to let him know that he made it there okay. Beyond that, he won't really be allowed to call or anything. I likely won't hear much until he actually comes home, which is good in a way. It's not my issue to think or worry about. I do miss him terribly though. I've heard and read a ton of reviews of the rehab he's at and it is supposed to be somewhat militant and really not a place to go if you just want to sit around and do nothing for 30 days. You actually have to put in work, and a LOT of it.

Anyway, that's my little update. Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 06-07-2014, 05:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm glad you have found your own happiness in all this and that you have the support of your family and your meetings.

This is a good time to clear your head and regain your balance and it sounds like you are doing a darn good job.

Hugs
Old 06-08-2014, 04:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for these words. My son is going to his 3rd week in a court ordered rehab and this week I've not heard a word from him. Today is visitation and I want to visit him but im with my other children on a mini vacation about an hour away. After reading this post and Ann'a post on letting go, I'm gonna just stay put and enjoy the rest of my time with my children. I do miss my son and worry for his welfare and recovery. However I do realize it's not in my control. I will continue to pray and ask The Lord to strengthen him and me to overcome our issues related to this disease.....that of trying to control everything. Thanks.
Dara

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery
Old 06-08-2014, 05:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You sound like you are doing well under the circumstances. Ifs,funny, but once my son was in rehab I felt a sense of relief. Not that I wasn't still worried but I knew he was safe and I knew he wasn't using. I am happy to hear your mom is with you and is giving you do much support. I bet the nursery is going to be great for your little one! Keel doing what you are doing.I think realizing we do not have control and giving it to God is a huge step forward in our recovery. God Bless you.
Old 06-08-2014, 02:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I didnt see this until now or I would have shouted out sooner. I think your doing great, already have the nursery together. wow. I started doing craft projects when my husband was in rehab and whenever I had restless moments just picked it up, worked a while and it took my mind off things. Then when the project was done I also had a feeling of accomplishment. I will be thinking of you, update when you can.
Old 06-08-2014, 05:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you!!
Old 06-08-2014, 06:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

back in the day rehabs has a certain black out period... plus back THEN residents didn't have cell phones or laptops - you went in with some clothes and a toothbrush....me personally I think that was a better system....allowing the addict 28-30 days of uninterrupted FOCUS on the matter at hand....getting clean and how to stay that way. getting off drugs is HARD WORK....if you are spending half your day on the phone or the computer, that's an equal amount of time you aren't dedicated to learning the tools in order to be a successful NON using addict.

he'll either GET the message....or he won't. he'll either seize this opportunity, or he won't. i'd give my right ARM to "go away" for 30 days, not have to deal with LIFE, or bills, or work, or relationships, and just focus on ME.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
back in the day rehabs has a certain black out period... plus back THEN residents didn't have cell phones or laptops - you went in with some clothes and a toothbrush....me personally I think that was a better system....allowing the addict 28-30 days of uninterrupted FOCUS on the matter at hand....getting clean and how to stay that way. getting off drugs is HARD WORK....if you are spending half your day on the phone or the computer, that's an equal amount of time you aren't dedicated to learning the tools in order to be a successful NON using addict.

he'll either GET the message....or he won't. he'll either seize this opportunity, or he won't. i'd give my right ARM to "go away" for 30 days, not have to deal with LIFE, or bills, or work, or relationships, and just focus on ME.
THIS ^^^^^^^

I KNOW!!! Right? Hell, I'd give more than my right arm, but I will keep it clean. 😇