Notices

Day 13

Old 06-07-2014, 08:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 13

I've been feeling really tired the last few days ... I think my body needs some quality rest. I'm trying to be gentle with myself, but it's been a hectic week. Came home from work last night and just crashed ... I didn't even have the energy to go to a meeting (although I really wanted to) or even to type a post here. The good thing is ... no desire to drink ... at all. It's been a good week ... thanks to everyone here for helping me through it!

Onward ...
Old 06-07-2014, 08:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
pray for strength

NICE Hokey. Keep at it Some days of my ~5weeks have been like that as well.

Last night took some TLC time for myself, mud mask, great music, breathing, fizzy water, night air.

You are rocking this!

Old 06-07-2014, 09:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Congrats on 13 days. Regarding being tired, your body simply needs time to heal...and the first few weeks especially. It will get better!
Old 06-07-2014, 11:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I can totally relate. I'm on day 11 and need cat naps on the weekend and go to bed early. I've cut myself a routine that might be boring but good for my body. I go to bed at the same time, my meals are at the same time, vitamins in the morning and gallons of water.

It's a toddler routine. LOL!
Old 06-07-2014, 11:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by hokey View Post
I've been feeling really tired the last few days ... I think my body needs some quality rest. I'm trying to be gentle with myself, but it's been a hectic week. Came home from work last night and just crashed ... I didn't even have the energy to go to a meeting (although I really wanted to) or even to type a post here. The good thing is ... no desire to drink ... at all. It's been a good week ... thanks to everyone here for helping me through it!

Onward ...

You have to get sleep whenever you can, it is vital for your recovery in the early days to get as much rest as possible.
I slept poorly Initially but within the later stages of the first month I was back on track with my sleeping pattern and getting naps whenever possible too, believe me your body will thank you for it.
Old 06-07-2014, 11:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm on day 15 and made a very similar thread a few days ago. It's weird because I've never slept better at night. I'm sure it's all good and part of the healing.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I've been taking melatonin for the last four nights to help me sleep, but I think I'm going to stop. Might be causing the daytime drowsiness that I am feeling and the vivid nightmares I've had the last couple nights. I wasn't having those before the melatonin, and wow, they've been freaky! They are far more disruptive to my sleep than the waking a couple of times a night that I was doing before.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Hokey

D
Old 06-07-2014, 10:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Hey Hokey...I had a very rough time with melatonin for whatever reason. ChristiMC started a thread today about needing sleep and got some good responses.

My favorite relief during this time was to drink the night time teas...starting in late afternoon and then early evening. I'm up right now at 1:00am and totally forgot to make the tea...going to do it now.

There is a 'tea suggestions' thread in the 'Health and Fitness' forums that you might benefit from reading.

My other new love is the 'Sleep Pillow' app. You can set a timer for the sounds and the 'rain on the tent' is a fabulous TKO.

You are doing such a great job Hokey!! Keep working it. The payoffs get better and better.

BTW: I still have occasional super vivid, deep psyche dreams. The nightmares stopped for me around the 2.5 week mark, I think. Deep breaths!