Courage To Change: 06/07/14

Old 06-07-2014, 08:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Courage To Change: 06/07/14

When I took Step Five I looked carefully at the words, “Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being . . ..” The order of these words, placing God first, then myself, and then someone else, struck me. So often I have been vaguely aware of some truth in my life that I was unwilling to admit to myself. Yet my Higher Power had already placed that thought in my mind. He must have—if I’m trying to ignore it, I surely didn’t put it there. I try to use this when making decisions about my life. When I assume that my Higher Power has already put the answer in my mind, I can then be willing to acknowledge that answer—whether I think I’ll like it or not. It may rise up into my awareness right away, or it may take some time and patience, but I can trust that the answer is within me and when the time is right, it will become clear. Then I share my thoughts with another person I trust. This process helps me to take action on the answers I receive and to move forward with my life.

Today’s Reminder
There is nothing in life that need confound me. With my Higher Power’s help, I can find the answer to any problem I face. This knowledge gives me courage to follow through with action. I need only be willing to accept the answer I receive.

“Look within! . . . The secret is inside you.”
Hui-neng