Notices

New need help

Old 06-07-2014, 08:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New need help

Hi all I'm new here and having a nightmare, I have been off the drink for three days it got uncontrollable 3 weeks ago when I went to my friends fell over broke my wrist, I also have anxiety disorder and insommnia and been on zopiclone for 8 years.. I drank to get a buzz from the zopiclone and to get some sleep.. I'm having awful anxiety and cravings and it's sending me mad.. I can't come off the zopiclone at same time il go over as I use them for anxiety control but am down from 8 a day to 3. I'm crawling the walls and am on my own most times. Alcohol ruined my life, relationship and I ended up crashing my car and losing my licence due to things that happen in past.. So all in all I'm in a bit of a state but joined because I know you guys will help me x
Old 06-07-2014, 08:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Vicky. The first few days are the worst but it really does get better. My anxiety has virtually disappeared
Old 06-07-2014, 08:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

yup, the first few days are horrible but they WILL pass. It WILL get better. You came to the right place!!
Old 06-07-2014, 08:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Hi Vicky and welcome to this great forum.

Everyone really gives their best shot at helping here. Very caring place and a REALLY large bunch.

The longer I go without alcohol the less I feel the emotional grip and see that it offered me zero benefit.

Post, read and stick around as often as possible

Old 06-07-2014, 09:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you it's a desperate struggle and only day 3 I'm trying to do little bits to keep busy but got the sweats and stuff it's a nightmare and not easy with broken wrist either x
Old 06-07-2014, 09:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome Vicky. I have been struggling for about 10 years with problem drinking. I have had many day 3's of alcohol withdrawals. The mental aspect was always much harder for me than the physical symptoms. During my worst drinking period, I was drinking daily just to keep the anxiety from withdrawal away.

Most of us on this site have had similar experiences and will say 'day 3' is particularly bad. Stay hydrated, eat if you can, and try to distract your mind. Every hour that passes, you closer to having yourself back to normal.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by vickys1972 View Post
Thank you it's a desperate struggle and only day 3 I'm trying to do little bits to keep busy but got the sweats and stuff it's a nightmare and not easy with broken wrist either x
It will get better soon, welcome Vicky. Do you have someone who can come and help you out locally with your injuries?
Old 06-07-2014, 09:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Ah thank you yep I do same drink to keep anxiety at bay and I'm climbing the walls.. So day 3 is always bad then never tried before been off my nut for last two years just wish I could come off sleepers to. One thing at a time. Thank you all for being so kind xx
Old 06-07-2014, 09:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

My 18 year old daughter lives here.. She been really good which she doesn't have to be way I treated her x
Old 06-07-2014, 09:45 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by vickys1972 View Post
My 18 year old daughter lives here.. She been really good which she doesn't have to be way I treated her x
Glad you have some help. She will notice when you make a real effort to get sober and get yourself back together...good for you for making this choice.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Leave the past in the past. Look at this as a new shot at life, you can do this!

I dislocated my wrist while drunk 2 years ago. I was emergency operated to put it back to place with screws and a plate. I know this must be hard for you. I was lucky, I was my bad hand. But just taking baths without soaking the cast with one arm up is a massive pain the rear.

Hang in there, it will get better and your anxiety level should improve.

Welcome to the family.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:54 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi I have anxiety and panic disorder anyway. So it just intensifies it.. It got to rock bottom Hun and my son doesn't speak to me., I can't remember the last two weeks and that's awful., it's also my right arm so it's double whammy x