Notices

Your daily truth from the Brave Girls Club

Old 06-06-2014, 08:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Your daily truth from the Brave Girls Club

Dear Beautiful Girl,

Whatever grows in your life is what has been planted there, what has been nurtured, fed and given time and attention.

What is growing there? What is it that has been planted in your one beautiful, precious life?

Have you carefully planned the rows of fruits, vegetables and flowers? Or are things growing there that blew in with the wind? Are weeds taking over?

It is never too late to weed your garden, and now is the perfect time to pull out the dead things, the unwanted things, the overgrown things, and make room for the new growth you are so badly yearning for.

Take a moment today to see what is truly growing in your life, and whether or not there is room for the things that you most want to see the fruits of.

Be brave enough to pull out the unwanted things and get your life ready to lay the seeds of your wildest dreams.

YOU CAN DO IT!

You are so so loved.

xoxo

The Brave Girls Club
Old 06-09-2014, 09:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Dear Big Hearted Girl,

You do so many things that no one else sees. You have performed hundreds of beautiful acts that no one has ever known about. You fight battles that no one ever sees and you calm storms around you before anyone could even know a storm was coming.

You are a miracle worker, a blessing and a gift.

Sometimes it’s hard to keep going when people around us only notice the things that still need to be done, or the things that have gone wrong, or the things that they wish were different. Sometimes we want to throw in the towel and wonder if it is worth all of the trouble. Sometimes it seems that it all goes unseen.....but more people see than you realize, dear friend.

In the deepest part of your heart, the part that we should always listen to...there is a knowing for sure that living your life in this beautiful way is the right way to go, even if it doesn’t ever seem to get noticed, or appreciated.....even if someone else gets the credit for it.

Because, dear soul....you never went into those big hearted experiences for any other reason than that you were showing love, and being the wonderful person that you are.....and THAT is exactly what happens....every time we commit a beautiful act, we become even more of who we are, and that is what makes it worth it, and it makes the world a better place...and we need each other...and if everyone stopped doing beautiful things, what a sad world it would be.

So.....as long as it’s coming straight from your heart, please keep doing the kind and wonderful things you are doing....those acts can do nothing but good for your own life and for those around you.

And...for every kind word or act you give to another human being, please turn around and give one to yourself...you deserve it.

You are a phenomenal human being..and you are so very very very loved.
xoxo

The Brave Girls Club
Old 06-11-2014, 08:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Dear So Important Girl,

There are often things in life that we each wish we never would have had to live through. There are so many things we have experienced that we would never have chosen to see or hear or feel. There are so many lessons that we wouldn't have chosen for ourselves. We never would have checked off the boxes to pre-order many of our life experiences if that is how it worked....

We do not like to feel pain...we do not like to feel discomfort. We are wired for joy!

The beautiful fact is....sometimes there is simply no other way to get to the other side of something...or to the best destination, without first traveling through places we never would have chosen. There are tools we need to pick up, there is armor we need to put on, there are muscles that need building, there is knowledge that needs to be absorbed BEFORE we can get to the places that we have been working so hard to get to.

And sometimes, the way we get those tools, that armor, those muscles and that knowledge...is by surviving experiences that we never would have chosen for ourselves.

There are so many things in life that are not possible without resistance, struggle and growth.......but then comes the joy, then comes the reward, then comes the good stuff.

So, dear friend, if you are in a season of struggle...take heart. Keep going. Plug away at it....and give yourself a pat on the back for all of the tools, armor, muscles and knowledge that you are earning. Your life will be so much better for it. Even when things are difficult, find the joy along the way...create the joy along the way...and decide how you will spread joy along the way with all of this awesome new wisdom you are gaining.

It will be worth it. Don't you dare quit now. Your life is so important.

You are so very very very loved!
xoxo

The Brave Girls Club
Old 06-11-2014, 09:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have no words of wisdom to add to these beautiful posts, but I wanted to take the time to thank you for writing these, for posting them, for sharing your beautiful love and being an inspiration. I'm working on growing the love in my life, the love FOR my life. And I'm working on detaching from a loved one who has relapsed. Thank you. Thank you.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

These little notes are so healing! Thank you so much for posting them!
Old 06-11-2014, 10:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Glad you like them. I can't take credit for them. Just something I read daily; I thought I had to share them.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Dear Amazing Girl,

Sometimes things happen in life and we find ourselves hurting for years and years and years after. Our experiences have so much impact on us...and sometimes the impact runs deeper than we realize.

Beautiful beautiful beautiful friend...please understand that the things that have happened in your life do not have the power to hurt you anymore. This is such a hard truth to grasp sometimes. You see, friend....it is not the experience that is still hurting us...but the stories that we continue to tell ourselves about the experience that continue to hurt us.

No matter what happened in your life....you never deserved to be hurt. You never deserved to lose anything. You never deserved to be treated badly. You never deserved to get sick. You are a beautiful soul who lived through the experience of being hurt or losing something. You are a beautiful soul who lived through the experience of being treated badly or who got sick. You entered into that experience as a beautiful soul, and you exited that experience as a beautiful soul......and you gained wisdom through that experience. You are a beautiful soul living through experiences...and that is what life is all about.

When we lose people or things, it is natural to grieve over those things. But if you are still hurting over an old experience because you are beating yourself up over why it happened or why it didn't happen.....if you are believing that this experience means that you are not as good or as important as others....if you are believing that an old experience has created a situation that prohibits you from ever being able to change or to be happy again.....these are beliefs that you must change, dear sister.

It is so good and wise to take our experiences and extract the helpful wisdom from them....extract the useful lessons...and then let the rest go. WE ALL LIVE THROUGH ALL SORTS OF EXPERIENCES....and many of them are difficult. When things go wrong...it doesn't mean that you are all wrong as human being. When we have bad experiences, it doesn't mean that we are bad.

You are a beautiful soul. You always have been and you always will be. Please believe it.

You are so very loved.
xoxo

The Brave Girls Club
Old 06-13-2014, 09:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Dear Courageous Girl,

You know those things that just poke at you and grate at you many times a day because they still need your attention in some way? Those are the things, dear friend, that we all need to just get done so that we can finally feel peace.

There are things on our list that just keep showing up. They keep showing up because we keep putting them on the back burner or stuffing them down to the bottom of the pile...and they don't go away because they still need to be done. NOT doing these things is keeping us from feeling tremendous peace that we could be enjoying +today.

So, brave girl.....make that phonecall. Send that payment in. Return that sweater. Initiate that conversation. Finish those taxes. Get that blood test. Finish that book. WHATEVER IT IS....just do it, girl. Do it for your own sanity...for your own peace...for your own joy. Just tell yourself that you are going to do it and do it now.....or make a big step toward it.

You will be SO HAPPY that you did...and once you feel that beautiful relief and peace...you will be shocked at how much of your life was being taken with the stress of that procrastination. You can do brave things! You can do tedious things! You can do annoying things! You can do difficult things! And you must...we all must. You are going to feel so much better once you have done it.

You deserve to feel at peace, to be happy and to have happy days....this will help get you there, it's true.

You are also so very very very loved.
Now...go get it done.
xoxo

The Brave Girls Club
Old 06-13-2014, 09:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Dear wounded boy-in-the-man;

All of the above to you too.

Old 06-16-2014, 07:46 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for sharing, Paper Dolls.

My dad died unexpectedly a couple weeks ago; we were very close. I don't feel very brave or amazing. I have a nice family and friends, but right now I feel really, really alone.

Your posts helped. Keep 'em coming if you can.
Old 06-17-2014, 03:18 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PaperDolls View Post
You do so many things that no one else sees. You have performed hundreds of beautiful acts that no one has ever known about. You fight battles that no one ever sees and you calm storms around you before anyone could even know a storm was coming.

You are a miracle worker, a blessing and a gift.

Sometimes it’s hard to keep going when people around us only notice the things that still need to be done, or the things that have gone wrong, or the things that they wish were different. Sometimes we want to throw in the towel and wonder if it is worth all of the trouble. Sometimes it seems that it all goes unseen.....but more people see than you realize, dear friend.

In the deepest part of your heart, the part that we should always listen to...there is a knowing for sure that living your life in this beautiful way is the right way to go, even if it doesn’t ever seem to get noticed, or appreciated.....even if someone else gets the credit for it.
Thanks PaperDolls. I needed to read this today. It's been really rough lately raising my teenage son. Feeling a little lost with him. This helped me alot. Thank you.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:28 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Dear Knowing Girl,

It's a slippery slope to be on when we try to play the games of the world and be true to the core of who we are at the same time. For a while, we can keep one foot in the rat race and one foot in the peace of our own life...but after a while, we get sucked really far into the wild games of win win win, faster faster faster until we are so dizzy with ears ringing so much that we can not even hear ourselves.

Listen closely to your own soul, beautiful friend. When things feel out of balance, listen. When 'the big prize' that everyone else is climbing all over the top of each other to win doesn't feel very appealing to you...listen. When you are tired of running and running and running to win a race that seems never ending...listen.

A good life can be so simple. A beautiful life can be so simple. A happy life can be so simple. It is okay to go a different direction than the rest of the world to find your own peace.

Be brave enough to define what a good life means to YOU. Be brave enough to be happy with what happiness means to YOU. Your beautiful life will look different than anyone else's happy life. Please don't ever let the world talk you out of being happy by telling you that you need more to be able to be happy.

Find joy every day in the simple things...it is there. Love this day. Love this life. Love it exactly as YOU want it. You get to decide.

You are so very very very loved.
xoxo

The Brave Girls Club
Old 06-17-2014, 09:44 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Dear Determined Girl,

The fact is, dear friend, that not everyone will understand the things that we are working so hard to accomplish. Sometimes, we must keep our dreams safe and private until they are strong enough to stand on their own through the opinions of others. (whether well meaning or mean spirited)

Another part of this important lesson that we must all learn, friend, is that sometimes we are the only one who truly knows that we made it through a big finish line is our own self. So many of our pursuits, struggles and journeys are deeply private and sacred and the depth of the miracle is so big that we just can't share it with others and have it treated with the kind of reverence that it deserves. It is okay to win without anyone ever knowing just how big we've won!

You have been through more than anyone could ever imagine. You have won more big battles than anyone will ever know. You have made it through longer journeys than anyone could ever believe. That is okay. You can be your own cheering section.

Make sure you take time, dear friend, to celebrate all of those moments. Even if they are years old. Look back and give yourself some credit. Give yourself time to recuperate and heal wounds that may have happened along the way. It is difficult when others don't know about our battles or our long journeys.....so sometimes we have to be our own advocate when we need time to recover and recuperate. We must protect ourselves in this way...we must be good to ourselves.

You are a phenomenal woman whose well runs deeper than anyone could ever know. You are worth every good thing.

You are so very loved.
xoxo

The Brave Girls Club
Old 06-18-2014, 07:30 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Dear Steadfast Girl,

Part of growing up and living as a wise woman is learning that we have to say no to things so that we will have room in our lives to say yes to the very best things. Learning to say no is a difficult process that reaps enormous rewards. When we learn to say no, it gets easier and easier and we find that there is so much more time, energy and resources left in our lives when the exact right things show up for us.

Something that is even more difficult than learning to say no is learning to accept and trust when LIFE SAYS NO to us. Sometimes we are sure that we want something and we work as hard as we can, pray as hard as we can and plan as hard as we can and life still says no to us. This is something that hurts very much, and sometimes can be very confusing and can set us spinning for a very long time.

It works the same way though, dear girl. When life says no, it leaves time and space and resources and energy for the exact right YES to show up. Once we get over the shock of it all, once we start breathing again after getting the wind knocked out of us...we can begin to see that things are always being born and things are always dying. Things are always changing. Everything is always on it's way to somewhere else or to being something else....everything, including us.

The important thing is to trust all of the NO's so that we can embrace all of the YES's. This is hard work.

You can do it, dear friend. You can do it and you must for the best life that is meant for you. When life says no...life also says yes. And when we say yes, we also must usually say a no somewhere else. It is all good. It is all necessary. It is all important.

You can do this. Throw a fit and then move forward in gratitude and joy. It will be worth it.

You are so very loved.
xoxo

The Brave Girls Club
Old 06-20-2014, 08:22 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Dear Merciful Girl,

There are enough hard-sell tactics, massive pressure and 'not-good-enough' messages blaring out the speakers of everywhere we go in this world to last us the rest of our lives. For this reason, dear girl, it is so important to be kind and gentle with ourselves in every manner of communication.

Of course there is weariness from all of this beating down, and the place to get healing salve gently rubbed into our wounds really must be in the quiet moments that we have with our own selves. The last thing each of us needs is more mean self talk, more pressure or more disappointed and disapproving commentary going on between our ears.

Be kind to your dear, beautiful self. Tell her the things that matter. Tell her that it’s going to be okay. Tell her that you are proud of her for how hard she works every day at making it through the craziness that is life. Let her rest when she is tired. Encourage her when she is discouraged. Lift her up when she is beat down.

And for the sake of all that is good and true....show her some good times. Take her out to play. Let her see beautiful new things and experience exciting new things. Take good care of her...for she is so very beloved and so very important.

You deserve this kind of treatment, wonderful you. You are with yourself more than you are with any other person....so make sure the relationship is a good and healthy and merciful one.

Walk as if you are beloved...behave as if you are beloved...because the truth is that you absolutely are.

+Today is the day for more kindness and more gentleness.

You are so very loved.
xoxo

The Brave Girls Club
Old 06-20-2014, 08:24 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Dear Patient Girl,

Every so often, people we love act out of character. Kind people sometimes behave in short and terse and cold ways. Dependable people sometimes drop the ball. Happy people are sometimes sad and quiet. Nurturing people are sometimes hard to connect with.

When a relationship matters to us, friend....it is important to give that relationship the grace and patience that it deserves, especially when things are happening that are out of character. ALL OF US have days, weeks and even months when we simply are not ourselves and when our light is dim and when all we can do it just get through the day.

You deserve this kind of grace too, brave girl. Please don't beat yourself up when you are in a time in your life that you are not feeling or behaving your best. These times pass...for all of us.

Give some grace +today....give some patience +today. Remember that there is often a very good reason for behaviors that are not the usual...often there is a story or an experience or a big worry or stress behind it. The last thing we all need when we are already dealing with difficult times is to feel judged...what we need most is a big hug and a listening ear....or maybe even some space for a while.

Giving grace to ourselves and others feels right and good. We don't want to feel the pain of saying or doing things we regret when we are reacting to behaviors that are out of character...instead, give the benefit of the doubt, remember how this person really is...remember how YOU really are. It will be worth it. It is always worth it to invest in those we love most....including our own selves.

You are loved...so very very very loved. Please believe it and then please help those you love to believe it too.

xoxo

The Brave Girls Club
Old 06-23-2014, 08:04 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Dear Beautiful Girl,

Most things don't stay the same forever -- they just don't -- no matter how hard we try, no matter how much we resist change, no matter how much we wish we could keep things exactly as they are -- most things won't stay the same forever. This is a good thing!!! It really is!

Almost everything has a season. Every relationships goes through ups and downs and lots and lots of transitions. Every child grows up. Every flower is a bud and then a blossom and then it's done -- and more flowers grow later. Everything gets older every day -- every person learns more every day -- every life gets richer every day. People change, places change, jobs change, relationships change, fashions change, economics change.

Roll with the changes, incredible you. Cling tight to the things that don't change -- the truths in life that are solid and dependable -- and then roll with everything that does change. Change is what gets us where we need to be, what drives us to do things we wouldn't have done otherwise, and what helps us see things more clearly. Change wakes us up, keeps things exciting and makes us try harder. Change brings on appreciation for where we have been, makes us more careful about where we are going, and helps us weed out everything that is not good for our lives.

Change is good. Sometimes it's really scary, sometimes it's really uncomfortable -- but change is good.

Everything is going to be ok, it really is.

You are so loved.
xoxo

The Brave Girls Club
Old 06-23-2014, 10:22 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I really needed to read a post like this today! So helpful and spot on. Thank you!
Old 06-23-2014, 07:34 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thank you, PaperDolls.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:20 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Dear Extraordinary Girl,

There are all kinds of heroes and heroines. If we are really honest with ourselves, the kinds of heroes and heroines that inspire us and motivate us the most are the real life every day heroes and heroines.

Something that every heroine has in common is that she has overcome and she continues to overcome. Heroines don't have lives where everything goes perfectly or where everything is easily handed to her. A heroine doesn't have everything figured out every day....but she does either look for ways to accomplish what needs to be accomplished, or she creates ways to accomplish the important things.

A heroine is a girl who keeps on keeping on. She fights battles in her mind and heart to overcome her own limitations and she uses what she has to make the best of her life.

Do you see, dear friend...that YOU are a heroine?

There was a time when we were young that we thought the princesses and the moviestars were the heroines of the world. As we become wise women, we can truly look around and see that it is EACH OTHER who are the heroines.

Your life is so important and you inspire more people than you could ever know, just by being you...just by being brave...just by living your life to the best of your ability day after day. You are seen, you are celebrated...you are amazing.

Please keep being heroic you.
You are so very loved.
xoxo

The Brave Girls Club