I finally detached

Old 07-08-2004, 08:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

I finally detached

Well friends, I am very sad today. My boyfriend and I have called it quits finally. He moved out yesterday and moved thousands of miles away. Although I knew he was contemplating it, I did not think he would actually do it.
He was supposed to go to court today for a felony probation violation and was most likely looking at prison. So, he decided to leave the state. I did not really think this was the way to handle things and could not be a part of this. I dont want to give up my life and career for that kind of life.
I fear he will relapse but cant blame myself, bc its not my responsibility to keep him sober and couldnt if I tried.
I miss him terribly and while I know this is for the best, it is very very hard. Meanwhile my name is on his bond, and can hopefully convince a judge to release this bond and issue a new one, which I have had done before, but dont really know if the judge will do it. So, Please keep me in your prayers as I am pray that bondsmen and detectives will not show up at my work and I will not have to explain to my family and friends what was going on. I would rather they just know that we broke up do to his disease, which ultimately ........we did.

Hugs and love to everyone,
Sarah Elizabeth
Old 07-08-2004, 08:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sarah, I am so sorry for your pain and the situation. I can feel your sadness in your words. Hang in there, you did the right thing, you have to take care of yourself. My paryers are with you, have faith that your life is moving in a more positive direction.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((( Elizabeth! )))

I'm glad you didn't join him on the lam. Letting him go was hard, I know. We're always here for you.

Hugs,
Smoke
Old 07-08-2004, 09:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Sometimes the right thing is the hardest thing to do. You definitely did the right thing. I am sorry you miss him and are sad. I am also hoping that you will not be hurt legally or financially by his mistakes. I am glad that you are getting on a more positive path now.
Old 07-09-2004, 02:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
giz

Elizabeth,

It hurts but it's for the better. He will most likely crash, realize how much you ment to him (or not because he will realize he loves alcohol more), he will weave his own web......regardless of if you are in his life.

I've dated guys with drinking problems who believe/say they are unlovable. Also, trust is an issue...they seem to have a very hard time trusting.

I hope you are able to settle things with the court.

good luck,
giz
Old 07-12-2004, 05:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

Hi all,
Thanks for the kind words, I spent the weekend at my parents beach house away from everyone, which was good for me and came back to life and work today. This is definately more difficult than I thought it would be and although he has tried to call, I have not even allowed myself to listen to his messages and just deleted them. I dont know if this was the right thing to do or not, but know if I talk to him I will end up sending money or some stupid thing because I miss him so much. Its just so hard. I spoke to his attorney (which I paid for) and he is going to court with me tomorrow in an attempt to have his bond released so I am free and clear of having to pay anymore, but while I came home tonight, saw a strange truck waiting for me outsitde, which had also been at my office earlier.......bounty hunters I presume. I wish they would have talked to me instead of just watching, they are still out there. Makes me feel like I did something wrong. Oh well. Tomorrow is a new day I guess so to all my new friends on this site, thank you again for being supportive and I am so glad you are here
Old 07-12-2004, 07:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

Hi elizabeth1979
Coming to the point of macking a move that far away seems to make it more perm. as when I moved judt down the street with a freind and her 4 kids...... I can see where that would be hard for you. You wanted the relationship just not the crap that was coming with it... TRUST me GIARLFRIEND take some TIME,TIME,TIME, ALl will work Hang in there I am sure you will still get the guilty conversation.. hang tight..
Old 07-12-2004, 07:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

elizabeth-

I know you are better off without him. We can hope that you will get your money back. Him running just shows that he is a coward. But, in case you don't get your money back (I don't know how much you put up) if it a large enough sum I think it might be in your best intrest to find out where he is. Especially if bounty hunters are after him.

I know you love him but, he is not good for you. Be gentel with yourself and take care!!
Old 07-12-2004, 08:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

Splendra, yes I know where he is and have thought about telling them. I only put up $750 (only??) but his Failure to appear makes me liable for the total bond, $5000. I thought about it, and will continue to contemplate it. Part of me doesnt want to do that to him.I guess we shall see what happens tomorrow huh?

Dazimae, I am hanging girl and will keep you all posted.