Notices

when does the sickness end?

Old 06-05-2014, 04:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

when does the sickness end?

So I have been sober for a few days and I still find myself unable to sleep and dry heaving vomiting anything I eat like sandwiches orange juice. My body is regecring it all and I find myself going through random uncontrollabe shakes.
When does this end how long did it take for you all?
Old 06-05-2014, 04:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have you considered seeing a Dr, Nevar?

D
Old 06-05-2014, 04:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Have you considered seeing a Dr, Nevar?

D
No. No money and no insurance
Old 06-05-2014, 04:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

There are a lot of free or low cost clinics around - if there's one in your local area you might get some medical advice there?

http://www.needymeds.org/free_clinics.taf
The 10377 clinics in this database are free, low cost, low cost with a sliding scale based on income, or offer some type of financial assistance.
2-1-1 Call Center Search

2-1-1 provides free and confidential information and referral. Call 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more. Learn more about your local 2-1-1 by looking it up here.
The ER is always an option too if nothing else.

If you're too sick to keep anything down for a few days I think you need to consider some medical help.
Old 06-05-2014, 04:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

And its like 100 degrees out here. Its way too hot and bright so I just stay inside in the darkness. Its just soo stressful and I think that has a lot to do with the vomiting. Im just doing nothing but laying here thinking and it makes me sick.
Old 06-05-2014, 04:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Usually 72 hours but as much 120 hours. Tylenol is ok. OJ no. Milk and apple juice are better choices. Cereal w/ milk might help at bedtime. Good luck, hang in there.
Old 06-05-2014, 04:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rochel View Post
Usually 72 hours but as much 120 hours. Tylenol is ok. OJ no. Milk and apple juice are better choices. Cereal w/ milk might help at bedtime. Good luck, hang in there.
That is a LONG time
I took advil is that ok for me?
Old 06-05-2014, 04:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Guys, please don't ask for or give medical advice here.

D
Old 06-05-2014, 04:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NevarCiots View Post
That is a LONG time
not considering how long we drank

we have to get through some hard times before we can get to the good times
MM
Old 06-05-2014, 04:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Guys, please don't ask for or give medical advice here.

D
Im sorry D. Its just so unbearable. I dont feel like im dying I just want to find a new normal and get through this.
Old 06-05-2014, 04:53 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Took me a week to dry out. Hot and cold sweats and hardly any sleep. I would lay in bed and binge on NETFLIX movies and white knuckled it out. Normal sleep hours started to return with a regular balanced diet (3 meals, vitamin complex) in about a month. Because I went through AA step 4 and 5 with my Priest I got a clean conscience and don't worry nor feel guilty about all the things I did in the past. This helps me sleep. Now all I worry about is drinking again and its really hard to drive out thoughts of it. My brain is conditioned for drink and tries daily to convince me to go out a have a few. Every day is a huge challenge for me.
Old 06-05-2014, 04:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

And I live in this little apartment and this resident directly above me sounds like hes literaly stomping their feet all day and all evening and I shutter everytime I hear it. I feel like im living in fear.
Old 06-05-2014, 04:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DefconOne View Post
Took me a week to dry out. Hot and cold sweats and hardly any sleep. I would lay in bed and binge on NETFLIX movies and white knuckled it out. Normal sleep hours started to return with a regular balanced diet (3 meals, vitamin complex) in about a month. Because I went through AA step 4 and 5 with my Priest I got a clean conscience and don't worry nor feel guilty about all the things I did in the past. This helps me sleep. Now all I worry about is drinking again and its really hard to drive out thoughts of it. My brain is conditioned for drink and tries daily to convince me to go out a have a few. Every day is a huge challenge for me.
A week huh? And whiter knuckling it. That sounds hard but can be done.
Old 06-05-2014, 05:00 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Jeez I need a shower shave and hair cut haha
Old 06-05-2014, 05:03 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Ugh I had to yack again. I hope nighttime comes soon.
Old 06-05-2014, 05:15 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Milk could be a little hard on the stomach. If you can stomach almond milk, i've found that to be good. Drink watered down Gatorade. Stick to the blue stuff. The dye in the red can be irritating. Honey is an excellent source of calories and energy. It's quite gentle. Still, if you're unable to keep anything down, you really should look into a low cost clinic or ER. It'd your life at stake. People can live with some medical debt but you can't live at all if you're dead.

Little warning...if you drink a lot of blue Gatorade, it will turn your poop neon green. Yellow bile + blue dye = green doo. It confused the heck out of me, lol.

Again, this is just advice on what can be good to drink when your stomach is revolting. Dehydration can lead to significant electrolyte imbalance. Considering that alcoholics are often already dehydrated, this can be dangerous. Low potassium can lead to a heart attack. Potassium supplements don't help because they contain a very tiny, almost insignificant, amount of potassium. I've had to be treated 3 times for dangerously low potassium due to dehydration. Don't fool around with it.
Old 06-05-2014, 05:19 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

MATS has a free detox and alcohol medical help-its on Zuni. I lived in ABQ once.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:53 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Ditto on the Gatorade. Since you are in an arid location you have to, have to stay hydrated. I wouldn't eat anything complex at the moment. This diet is for diarrhea but I think it would be good for stomach upheaval: bananas, rice, applesauce and toast. Maybe poached chicken or chicken broth. Bland and soothing. With my kids they also recommended white grape juice.

I also think the idea to find a clinic is a good idea.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:30 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Gatorade also. It's got electrolytes, really important to replenish. B complex vitamins as soon as you can keep soda biscuits down or just a little piece of bread.

Your in level 2 of withdrawal, this is serious business my friend. Try to find a doctor please.

stage 3 withdrawal can kick in without notice, delirium tremens and convulsions. You do not want to be in that spot. Can you at the very least get someone to stay with you for a few days?

No mean to scare you but be serious about this.

Good luck and stay hydrated!
Old 06-06-2014, 12:40 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by happyandfree View Post
MATS has a free detox and alcohol medical help-its on Zuni. I lived in ABQ once.

^^^Hi NevarCiots , this is great advice .

The best thing you can do is maintain your fluid intake until you can see a doctor .even if you don't have insurance , this is one time you really should bite the bullet and go .

Withdrawing can be hazardous without supervision .

Water is your best friend , even if you can just handle 6 sips per minute . The aim is to keep it down and stay hydrated. Have small nibbles of dry crackers and if you can handle it , a cup of tea , again ..sips until you can tolerate .

Good on you for posting and stay close . There is ALWAYS someone here whilst you are going through this crappy part ...

It will pass , take care and look after yourself xxx

Keep posting