Notices

Quitting pot- worried about going home

Old 06-02-2014, 01:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Quitting pot- worried about going home

So I have been a regular (chronic daily user) for many years. My partner and I have stopped periodically, but always seem to go back. The last year has been the worst as far as my use and dependence. Last week we quit, although I have to admit that I have been sneaking scrapings and looking for hidden stashes. I was so ashamed that this morning I threw the pipe and the few crumbs I had out. The worst part is going home at the end of the day. The first thing I would do when I got home from work is light up- which would continue all night. I know I don't have anything to use, but not looking forward to the craving, irritability and sleeplessness that is likely ahead of me.

I am new to this site and recovery, but know I need help and can't do this alone. I have my partner, but don't think I can share everything. I appreciate your reading and support.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You've come to a very supportive site. We want to help you succeed.
Old 06-02-2014, 02:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi NL79! Welcome to the forum. This is a safe place to post and there are a number of recovering potheads here, myself inlcuded.

That is great you decided to quit. Yeah, you may be irritable and have a hard time sleeping for a while. I did, but now I am happier than I have been in a very long time. I would suggest changing your routine in the evenings. I started exercising, going out for coffee, reading more, taking karate classes, and going to NA meetings. Not all at once but I knew staying home alone every night wasn't good for me.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi NL

i was a daily smoker for nearly 30 years. Yes you will be irritable, you may have trouble sleeping and you may have very strong urges to smoke...but none of those things last forever and you can get through them

there's tons of support here - you are not alone

Here are some links that may help too:

MARIJUANA – A Guide to Quitting
https://www.marijuana-anonymous.org/...from-marijuana
Quitting Marijuana a 30 Day Self Help Guide // OADE // University of Notre Dame
Quitting Cannabis

D