Notices

A victory!

Old 06-01-2014, 07:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A victory!

So Friday night was a challenge, overcoming that AV, but I made it through largely with the support of everyone here. Thank you!

As I mentioned, Saturday night was night out with some friends with whom we usually drink. The plan was to come back to our place and play cards, but it ended up playing croquet at our place and then playing pool and dancing to music, usually a big drinking event.

I talked to hubs in advance and explained that I wasn't drinking anymore and why. So I was the designated driver, and we came home and had a great night. I just drank light cranberry juice in a big cup and I'm not sure everyone even realized I wasn't drinking. I enjoyed the whole evening, dancing and singing and spending time with friends. The farther into he night we went the more happy I was to be sober. No hangovers the next day! Yay! And I actually enjoyed the night more than I usually do. It was really great. Plus the house was CLEAN when I got up in the morning since I was sober enough at the end of the night to actually clean up before I went to bed. Awesome.

Jut sharing the moment of victory.

On a negative note, my youngest son left his Facebook page up and my mother read some of his messages and told me this morning that he was telling his friend that he lived with a bunch of drunks. . He was at a sleepover last night (he's 17) and it made me sad to hear that. I think perhaps I should have a heart to heart with him to apologize and explain that I am an alcoholic and am sober and committed to staying sober now. I'll have to think about it or whether I should wait a few weeks and show him the difference before I talk about it.

In any case, Happy Sunday. Day 8! Hooray!
Old 06-01-2014, 04:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Congrats on Day 8! Those little rewards are nice along the way. I have a 17 year old too. I had a heart to heart with her about my drinking. She didn't judge me as harshly as I judged myself.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations! Sounds like it was a fabulous evening!
Old 06-01-2014, 10:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What a wonderful post regarding your sober fun this weekend!
With respect to your son... actions speak real, real loud : ) Show him you love yourself as much as you love him!
Old 06-01-2014, 10:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad you made it through the weekend Sobertaurus
Regarding your son - I agree with Nuu - actions speak louder than words, I think right now.

I ended up the all day every day neighbourhood drunk. People would cross the road to avoid me.

I came back from that, so I'm sure you can come back too

D