Notices

Would have drank!

Old 05-30-2014, 05:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Would have drank!

Well, today is day 12, the longest I can remember going in the past year without a drink. I'm positive that I would have had a drink (or a dozen) today if I was not on the antabuse. Today was the worst day for the craving so far. I'm bored, lonely, and unmotivated to do anything tonight and I usually would have drank a bottle of wine and fallen asleep by now. Tomorrow is a new day, and if I can just get through tonight and get to sleep I'll be OK. Thank goodness for the antabuse. Hopefully the craving will run its course, but in any case, I can't drink, which is good.
Old 05-30-2014, 05:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Can you think of non alcohol related things to do tomorrow so you won't be bored and lonely again scintillady?

D
Old 05-31-2014, 05:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Going to breakfast with one of my best friends this morning. Working on cleaning out the basement later on. Not that cleaning out the basement will be fun, but it has to be done, and it will give me a sense of accomplishment.
Old 05-31-2014, 06:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Cleaning and other busy work was great for me to keep occupied during those early weeks. And as you say, the bonus is you have a clean basement afterwards! Have a great Saturday